How do you like your Partner Stove?

Bread

Advanced Member
Thinking about dropping some cash on one of these beauties. Are they pretty adjustable down to a low flame? Do they simmer well? Do they seem to be pretty economical with the propane?

I have a Camp Chef Everest that will boil water in no time flat, but it's a total gas hog and you can't set it on a low, simmering flame without it going out.

I like mine, it simmers, and has low flame capabilities. It is pretty easy on gas. I have a conversion that I made that allows me to use 1# cylinders. I can get several days from a 1# cylinder.
I also have the standard propane tank set up and a 5# tank for longer trips.
You will never wear it out. I have the same 4 burner that I bought in 1991 and it's still going strong, it been used at least a 1000 days on river trips.
It won't put out as much heat as your present stove so your water boiling times will be a little longer.
Oh, made in the USA and easily repairable in the field.
Dsrtrats

No complaints here. Works great on low flame, hard to blow out. I use a 1 gallon propane tank with mine and it lasts a very long time but I don't really use the stove alot.

We like ours a lot. Like others, we use both the small bottles and the camper tank, depending on what we are doing. You just need an adapter for the hose. It lights right away every time, adjusts and cooks well, easily comes apart for cleaning. Our knobs are a bit sticky but I have been told I just need to lubricate them with silicone which I haven't done yet. I like the ease of maintenance and ability to repair in the field, although I haven't needed to fix anything yet. The manufacturer will customize to whatever you want as far as location of gas hookup, length of hose etc. I have had several Coleman, Camp Chef and various backpacking-type stoves. The Partner is well worth the price in my opinion.

I can only echo the above comments. The Partner was originally sold as a guide's working tool for river trips, and the construction shows. You could probably use one as a truck ramp for working under the vehicle. I don't recall any issues with simmering on ours.

Back
Top Bottom