How do you mount your scissor steps to your FWC?

sure like those glowsteps. We do pick them up each move and place in front of the frig. no chance of loosing them that way. I like some of the cool ideas for permanent mounting

I ended up mounting to the bottom of the camper into the wood. I used the factory lag hardware. Time will tell how it holds up. Thanks for the help team I appreciate your input

I finally gave up on my scissor steps when I scored these on Craigslist for $30 ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425011492.210971.jpg

Hi folks. I just wanted to revive this thread because I am about to mount 5 step glow steps on my new Hawk. There are two mounting options noted above.

First, just lag with liquid nail directly into the small 1" strip of aluminum moulding below the door. For clarity, this option mounts immediately below the door. It looks like some of the existing screws that attach the moulding would have to be removed so the stair bracket would sit flush. I call it the "vertical option."

Second, mount to the black plywood base of the camper. This area is basically visible as the result of a 4" or so overhang beyond the end of the truck bed. I call it the "horizontal option."

Just want to double check on how the various mounting options have worked out before I start drilling.

Thanks!

dasadab said:
I just wanted to revive this thread because
Same here.

Is there any chance that FWC themselves could properly mount the bracket for Glow Steps, during construction, to the aluminum frame?

This should be an option no different than installation of roof vent fans, imho.

If some are willing to pay for the best in options, why not?

Another shot at an update by users of Glow Steps ... along with another question.

Any of you Glow Step users have issues with trailering anything with the Glow Steps permanently mounted?

Back
Top Bottom