How far does WTW go?

Lighthawk

Weekend warrior
Sort of tongue in cheek :p

We leave tomorrow for a seven day trip that will be plane/boat/bus oriented to visit Yelapa and Sayulita, Mexico (south and north of Puerto Vallarta, respectively). Although we're managing with carry-on baggage only, I'm packing a medium amount photo equip (Canon 7D, 17-55, 70-200, 400mm). I've debated the 400mm vs. a tripod, since both are too much weight and I've decided on the 400m for birding/wildlife/surf shots. I'm keeping the kit light and small enough to bring with me everywhere, depending upon the ability to lock stuff up.

Question: Does this trip qualify for WTW? Would you want to know about it? I know some members do Baja and AK, but usually with campers. This is a different type of trip.

To quote my good friend Sara Palin "you betcha!". It's west of somewhere, so a trip report with pictures would be appreciated. I love photos and personal impressions of places I've never been to.

Mike

<snip> I love photos and personal impressions of places I've never been to.

Mike

x2

Have a great trip and we look forward to hearing about it!

I think that as long as you don't mention and are not photographed sipping margaritas on a hotel balcony or next to a pool, then it'll be OK.

But then...I posted a trip report for a trip in my car that didn't even involve an overnight stay, so maybe my standards are loose...
huh.gif

Report or not, have a great time! :)

I think that as long as you don't mention and are not photographed sipping margaritas on a hotel balcony or next to a pool, then it'll be OK.

I am shocked, simply shocked that you would ask me to censor any report I might file! :eek:

Lighthawk, don't hold back on us. You are almost required to share a photo of a balcony with happy folks sipping margaritas now! :rolleyes:

Absolutely we need a trip report. The only thing that came to my mind when I read your post is that you had to choose between the 400mm and a tripod. I would think that a tripod would be a must for a 400mm.

Bring it on! Others (myself included) have posted their non camper related wanderings. I reckon folks don't have to read it if it doesn't interest them. As Yelapa has been on my to do list for some time I look forward to your impressions.

What about trips to NYC? Do they count?
Actually, we're boarding in Phoenix, almost gone : )

Looking out the plane window I see some pretty country down here, Jay! (And I think HighZ)

What about trips to NYC? Do they count?
Actually, we're boarding in Phoenix, almost gone : )

Looking out the plane window I see some pretty country down here, Jay! (And I think HighZ)

Stay in touch! :)

Back
Top Bottom