How long can I keep it pluged in? & Fridge level Q

Roger

Hi,
I am planning for another outing. I usually start about 10 days out by loading the camper the truck and getting "stuff" moved in and preparing for the trip. I've had the Ranger in "disconnected" status for about a month and I noticed no battery drain. I plugged the Ranger into shore power after I got home from work today anyway to start the fridge, but noticed I need to level out a bit more... I am more out of the bubble than I am in the bubble.
So anyway is there any reason I should be worried about improper battery charging or over charging or any other thing?
All other things considered if I did leave it plugged in all the time, would there be any detrimental issue(s)?
BTW this is a "new" November 2010 Ranger with AGM battery and IOTA charging station.
Off to the snow again...
Oh yeah, do y'all get your camper 100% in bubble before you run your 3 way fridge or do you go by the "yeah it is mostly level" 50% of the bubble or more in the circle is OK. I've not noticed any difference in 4 to 5 day performance with either model.

Thanks

Roger

does it have to be level to run the fridge off AC? I thought level was just for the LP mode? Within a couple of degrees from level should be fine (+/-2), the limit is 3. but i have noticed in my driveway (certainly not steep, but not level either... drainage type slope, maybe 3 or 4 deg.) where the fridge won't work in propane mode.

When i'm leveling on the road, i'm usually looking to get as level as possible for sleeping purposes... the fridge is a bonus! :LOL:

The IOTA is a relatively smart charger, I leave mine connected for days when i'm prepping, never seems an issue. I also notice no drain when in "disconnected" status.

have a good trip.
Rob

Hi,
I am planning for another outing. I usually start about 10 days out by loading the camper the truck and getting "stuff" moved in and preparing for the trip. I've had the Ranger in "disconnected" status for about a month and I noticed no battery drain. I plugged the Ranger into shore power after I got home from work today anyway to start the fridge, but noticed I need to level out a bit more... I am more out of the bubble than I am in the bubble.
So anyway is there any reason I should be worried about improper battery charging or over charging or any other thing?
All other things considered if I did leave it plugged in all the time, would there be any detrimental issue(s)?
BTW this is a "new" November 2010 Ranger with AGM battery and IOTA charging station.
Off to the snow again...
Oh yeah, do y'all get your camper 100% in bubble before you run your 3 way fridge or do you go by the "yeah it is mostly level" 50% of the bubble or more in the circle is OK. I've not noticed any difference in 4 to 5 day performance with either model.

Thanks

Roger

It depends on tour charger. Some will cook the battery. Other won't.

I agree with the other posts that you ought to level out the fridge.

Back
Top Bottom