How many nights in 2019?

Occidental

Trail Master
I know this is a bit premature, as there is still time for more nights in the truck camper in 2019, but since I took the camper off the truck last weekend I went ahead and totaled up our nights in for 2019. We had our best year yet with 69 nights in the truck camper (51 nights was our best until this year, but that's only 4 years of records).

How many nights did you spend in the truck camper in 2019?

What is your goal for 2020?

I'm hopeful we can get into the 70's.

I don't have an exact tally but we spent about 200 nights (2 long trips; 2.5 months and 2 months). I doubt we'll ever break that.

I don't have an exact number for this year, but over 100 nights easy. One long trip of 2 months and another trip of 1 month over the winter and spring, and multiple weekend or week long excursions throughout the year.

This coming year should be similar. Heading out in just over a week for the first trip, 10 weeks to wander, starting in Big Bend National Park and heading north as the weather improves.

0 for 2019 as our Grandby wont be delivered until February.

For 2020, we want to get out as much as we can.

I have to look at my Morpholio to tabulate.
April: 11 OR/WA
May: 19 OR/WA/NV
July: 4 North Cascades
August: 4 Blues Festival
September/October: 47 WA/ID/MT/WY/UT/NV/OR

Grand total: 85 Almost ¼ of the year!

We hope to do more camping in the North Cascades and environs in the summer. We would like to break 100 this year.

Because my pup had heart problems and my truck misbehaved, I only got out for 29 nights.
Had a trip to the arctic planned for August/September; maybe next year.

jim

We were ~70

Old Crow said:
And I'm so, so grateful to have been able to get out that much.
This.

And grateful to see what we did. Just been watching footage of a sweet coastal town we visited now being pounded by a severe weather event. Lovely place. Lovely residents. Feel bad for them :-(

I always see this end of year post but never have thought I had much to contribute till this year, my first as a newly retired dude.
We were able to get two semi-extended trips in this year - JT/Anza Borrego/Organ Pipe/DV in late winter and then this past fall a great trip along the eastern NV/west UT border. Combined with our usual long weekends out photo-ing and volunteering with our local enviro group (Oregon Natural Desert Association) we were able to hit around 47 nights in the 4WC! Sort of surprised me when I started adding it up... I even got a pic in the Truck Camper Magazine 2020 calendar from our Labor Day excursion into the dark skies of SE OR.
Best to all - JD

Attachments

• ORCYN_MilkyWay_JDavis2019-sm.jpg
    ORCYN_MilkyWay_JDavis2019-sm.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 67
CraggyMan said:
I always see this end of year post but never have thought I had much to contribute till this year, my first as a newly retired dude.
We were able to get two semi-extended trips in this year - JT/Anza Borrego/Organ Pipe/DV in late winter and then this past fall a great trip along the eastern NV/west UT border. Combined with our usual long weekends out photo-ing and volunteering with our local enviro group (Oregon Natural Desert Association) we were able to hit around 47 nights in the 4WC! Sort of surprised me when I started adding it up... I even got a pic in the Truck Camper Magazine 2020 calendar from our Labor Day excursion into the dark skies of SE OR.
Best to all - JD
Congrats on the photo in TC! You’re hitting some of the places near and dear to us.

I really am enjoying your summaries from 2019, those of you that took month long or longer trips I'm envious. All our nights were weekends except for one week at Thanksgiving. But of course, like Old Crow I'm mainly grateful to be able to get out as much as we did. I'm looking forward to a longer trip next November, to Baja, if we are lucky.

Probably my lowest total since owning my FWC, only 26. I suspect next year is going to be another low total as I start a new job January 13th. Maybe I'll get a good trip in between now and then,

Occidental said:
I really am enjoying your summaries from 2019, <snip>
We are enjoying the summaries also! It is great to see such motivation to get out there. :)

The Lady handles the statistics here and it could be we shouldn't add up a total yet.

I'm like Cayuse-this year has been my fewest camping days since I bought my set up in 2005! Best I can figure is about 18 days out and about-and I'm retired too. One of the main reasons has been the unstable weather, my old dog "Bob" being sick so much of the time and (maybe a sign of the times), one of my usual quick "get a way to" back country camping spots had been "discovered" and improved to the point I no longer enjoyed going there anymore! I will do better this year and get back to my usual goal of two weeks home and two weeks out every month :cool: !

Smoke

A paltry, yet exciting 31 nights. First was New Years Day on the Deschutes River by Cedar Island. I’ll estimate the last, and coldest was outside Pray, Mt. two weeks ago. Most memorable for the year isn’t an FWC adventure, but 4 nights camped out on the John Day River as part of a float trip. Hope that counts.

Back
Top Bottom