how to clean and lube Reico Titan camper jacks?

hpcbmw

Advanced Member
I just purchased a set of used Reico Titan camper jacks. They are kind of muddy and look a little rusty on the interior shaft. Should I just hose them down? Hose them down and scrub the dirt and rust off? If I scrub them, is there a lube or grease I should put on them?

Thanks!

Attachments

• rusty camper jack 1 small.jpg
    rusty camper jack 1 small.jpg
    345.7 KB · Views: 192
Thanks Rotti, I found that, it says to pour 30 wt oil on the stanchions. That doesn't seem like much protection, since the oil will just drain off pretty quickly. Plus, it would be a big mess! This also mentions an "anti seize product", I wonder what could be used for that. I was thinking of using a lithium based garage door lube I've got. It should stay longer then 30 wt oil, and it's much thicker, so wouldn't drain off. Am I being overcautious? The jacks turn smoothly and seem to work find, they just have some rust on the inner stanchions.

Sorry I can't be of much help.
I took my new jacks off my new camper and put them in the basement and they will probably stay there for the next decade or so.
I would go to the source:

Customer Service::
phone:toll-free 866.403.9803 or email customerservice@riecotitan.com

Do you have any questions or need to purchase parts? Please give us a call or send us an email. Thanks

Thanks Rotti, I found that, it says to pour 30 wt oil on the stanchions. That doesn't seem like much protection, since the oil will just drain off pretty quickly. Plus, it would be a big mess! This also mentions an "anti seize product", I wonder what could be used for that. I was thinking of using a lithium based garage door lube I've got. It should stay longer then 30 wt oil, and it's much thicker, so wouldn't drain off. Am I being overcautious? The jacks turn smoothly and seem to work find, they just have some rust on the inner stanchions.

This is good stuff.

Never Seez

The owners manuel that came with my jacks says you can remove the rust on the inside of the tubes by sanding and repaint with silver spray paint. It also mentions cleaning and waxing the white painted exterior tubes.

I just purchased a set of used Reico Titan camper jacks. They are kind of muddy and look a little rusty on the interior shaft. Should I just hose them down? Hose them down and scrub the dirt and rust off? If I scrub them, is there a lube or grease I should put on them?

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom