How to move camper from driveway to garage?

patrickkidd

I am trying to get my camper into my garage so no one steals it on the street. My garage door is too low to back my FWC in while on my truck bed. I also have a typical lip created by the garage concrete slab 1" or so above the driveway asphalt, and maybe a 1 degree incline on the driveway up to the slab.

How do you all move your camper around when it isn't on the truck? I have electric jacks to get it off the truck.

Thanks!

Dealing with the 1" driveway/garage lip: a 1x4 board, shaved down to a taper might work as a temporary solution. Topping cement would be more permanent.

I use an old pop-up camper frame.
alaskan-on-trailer.jpg

Man, those folding harbor freight trailers look perfect. If only there was a way to get one in Anchorage, Alaska.

Those Harbor freight trailers would fold up like a pretzel....a camper setting on a trailer is fairly awkward / heavy

If you do try a harbor freight trailer avoid the temptation to move your camper around much....and maybe reset the jacks when you get it inside the garage.

FWIW

David Graves

A HF trailer will work, and I think my weight on the trailer was around 1400-1500 lbs.
would not recommend putting it on the road. From street to garage only for me. Check your measurements as mine just barely fit, and yes to putting the jacks down for stability.

Russ

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom