Hunting in the Days of Gold

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human
Site Team
RV LIFE Pro
Fritz the Wonder Dog and I went into the nearby higher areas to chase grouse today. I started by looking for dusky grouse, and saw nothing, but then came down to the lower, wetter area, and promptly missed an easy shot on a ruffed grouse.

No excuses, I messed up. Note to self: remember to return the barrel selector back to the IC choked barrel. It was so close the shot string sailed over the top of the bird. Asi es la vida.

A missed grouse, but beautiful scenery. The Tamarack was spectacular
IMG_4932.jpeg
IMG_4929.jpeg

Well, Steve, you had a great day hunting, without the bother of carrying dead birds back for plucking and cleaning! Sounds like a win - win.
Tony, I would have suffered through the agony of cleaning the grouse, but have to occasionally take one for the team. Check your in box.

return the barrel selector back to the IC choked barrel.
Mine has gotten me a couple times over the years. I’ve had my Winchester 101 for 46 years - since I was 16, purchased for me by my Father through work as the company he worked for (and then me later) was Olin Brass / Winchester Western.

The gun is a fixed modified/full barrel shotgun but at times I wish it were improved/modified. It has performed great though, especially on sporting clays. But, there’s been that time or two when I forgot to switch back to modified😉

I used to do my own reloading and the winchester guide had a wad and load in there for 7/8 oz. shot in a12 ga. hull, it was one of my favorite bird loads (and rabbit)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom