Hydraulic flow control valves and top lowering

nixfwc

Has anyone had any experience in retrofitting their CO Alaskan with flow control valves at the front? My 77 with new seals in the rams, comes down very unevenly from front to rear. The CO section descends quicker than than the rear. The Alaskans I see in the youtube videos are using flow control valves on the pump. I do not know if the hydraulic circuit is the same now as it was in 77 but it seems flow control valves would be easier than hanging on the rear roof of the camper in order to compensate for a rapidly lowering front section. I notice in the Alaskan manual posted on the WTW site that the hydraulic schematic shows control valves at each corner. My plan is to retrofit the front rams with flow control valves in order to slow the front's descent. Any one else had any luck with flow control valves? I have the early smaller rams.

there was another thread...not so long ago dealing with just that....

sometimes air bubbles will cause you grief...and screw heads protruding from "softened" structural members will also cause you grief...

ask me how I know that..... :oops:

Does it go up even? You could easily slow the return line with a little inline valve from home depot...

Top goes up eve evenly front to rear. Just got two used adjustable flow control valves from on line May not get a chance to install them for awhile as I am in a time crunch. Have to get alaskan ready for for a trip to Alaska in three weeks.. Still have to fit it to Chevy. In mean time I have installed a grab bar over rear door to assist in leveling the top as it lowers.

Back
Top Bottom