I’ve gone hard sided

sourdough

A Tiger CX sets in my driveway now. It popped up 3 weeks ago on the Tigers Owners classifieds and I grabbed it. file photo...
http://tigerowners.freeforums.org/sold-2013-never-used-cx-dodge-cummins-6-sp-manual-t2027.html
Photo is not of mine. Same but mine has an A/C unit on the roof. When I get mine out in the boonies, I’ll take a few photos. Driveway pictures just won’t do and I have yet to go out camping. Been busy though, checking out the systems and handling a few issues. Looks like this Monday, I’ll start a week long trip into the high Sierras. I have been wanting to get some time in before snow starts closing some of the High Country access. The Espar diesel heater should keep me warm enough.

Attachments

• 2011 tiger ram.jpg
    2011 tiger ram.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 323
I have just returned from my first road trip, Higher Than A Kite, I’ll call it. Crossed several seasonal Sierra Hwy. Pass’s...
Sherman Pass on SP Rd. J41, Tioga Pass Hwy 120 thru Yosemite, Sonora Pass Hwy. 108, Monitor Pass why 89 and Ebett’s Pass Hwy. 4. All was well and Loomis (My Tiger CX) carried me up and down without issue. Return to SoCal via Panoche Pass J1, Carrizo Plain and Maricopa Hwy. 33 All in all many twists and turns, ups and down. Cummins diesel motor and a 6 spd. manual proved more than enough for California’s back roads. Interior pictures can be seen @ Provan Tiger website http://www.tigervehicles.com/tiger-models/

img_155562_0_2d4bd72fda6d77b591cc5baa376abe2b.jpg

img_155562_2_9d1cdb824edb904789b78bf8b61c9abc.jpg

img_155562_4_144add0fd567b4a62adbfd20e0b245aa.jpg

img_155562_6_c93fd0674b791b0869fde2fb22a24cba.jpg

I also like the fact it has a wider interior than a van or slide-in. The interior is quiet, in the wind at night and without a diesel motor between driver and passenger during driving. I like the granny 1st gear 6 spd. manual transmission, can’t get those anymore. A very good short wheel base turning radius and the loaded weight is still 1,000 lbs. under GVW. These are not true off-roaders by any means but still very back road friendly. Just have to watch out for the 10-7” height in the trees. To date, I’ve had trailers, slide campers and a van. This Tiger CX is the best back road, boonies exploring rig I’ve owned by far. Only wish is that it wasn’t such an attention grabber.
I will be upgrading the oem shocks and adding an aluminess front bumper with grill guard. But that’s about it. The FWC Hawk I had was liked well enough. I was just ready for something more user friendly in my old age and my wife is a little more comfortable in this too.

We recently admired a Tiger that an acquaintance owns. He's a serious photographer and had just driven back to the East Side from Colorado. He loves his rig for many of the reasons you mention.

It is a very cool/nice looking rig. Looks like a lot of fun. Quite maneuverable without the need to pop the top.

What sort of ceiling height do you have?

What's in the cage at the back?

Bill D said:
It is a very cool/nice looking rig. Looks like a lot of fun. Quite maneuverable without the need to pop the top.

What sort of ceiling height do you have?

What's in the cage at the back?
The CX is only 6’ inside. It’s been discontinued and the now only the taller TX 6’4” version is offered. I think I read it was the more popular option. I’m 5’11”and 6’ works for me unless I have boots on. The milk crate on top of the aluminum box temporarily has a S.S. bucket in it. I’m planning on the crate holding full trash bags. Will see how it works out with critters.

Being a Tiger I'd imagine that you've come into contact with suntinez one way or another?

I work on Rose off Via Real, I'll keep an eye out for you!

Very nice rig sourdough! What a rare build with the reg cab and manual trans. Fantastic!

Would love to see some interior pics if you could.

Vic said:
I've always admired the Tigers - please post your impressions and spec's when you get a chance. Looks like a great rig to travel in.

GroovyDad said:
Really looking forward to more pics (inside pics too).

W6USA said:
Very nice rig sourdough! What a rare build with the reg cab and manual trans. Fantastic!

Would love to see some interior pics if you could.

Interior photos of a standard Bengal CX, like mine but not mine.
Tiger...http://s969.photobucket.com/user/DAVIDFOX_photos/media/TIGERINFO-6.jpg.html

Sour,

That is a beauty of a Tiger. Congrats! This is what I would have if there were more benjamins in the bank. Once you go Tiger you never go back. I've explored having a FWC, XP Camper and others however the added interior room and coach to cab convenience can't be beat.

2tallDA said:
Outstanding.
Carli Suspension should use your rig for advertising.
I spoke with them about a suspension upgrade. They said there springs and shock spec's where not tuned for the 11,000 lb. weight of my Tiger. Makes sense.
tigerfx said:
Sour,

That is a beauty of a Tiger. Congrats! This is what I would have if there were more benjamins in the bank. Once you go Tiger you never go back. I've explored having a FWC, XP Camper and others however the added interior room and coach to cab convenience can't be beat.
I had decided on a new truck and popup camper. I was just about to start the process of purchasing a truck when this Tiger came along on the Tiger Owners forum. Used, it was about the same price as the new truck and camper I'd spec'd out. Since, I've seen some very good deals come and go(very quickly) on the T.O. forum. These aren't for everybody but there is a high demand. Just like a FWC.

This is what it looks like today with a SRW conversion.
IMG_1593 (1).jpg
I've put 35,000 miles on it so far. Heading up to the NorthWest Overland Rally at end of the month. Then BC Overland Rally and a tour of B.C.,Canada.

Back
Top Bottom