I-phone photo size

Can anyone help me with posting pictures from my Iphone 4. I'll take a pic and then access the website from my phone and every time it tells me the file is too big. How do I change the size of a pic I take with my camera phone so I can post it on here?

In general this site WTW -- does not play well with smartphones...especially if you're trying to do more than post text.
One limitation is that you can't attach a photo greater than 500kB....so you need to smallify it first -- reduce the pixel dimension to no wider than 1000 pixels, generally, and don't use the highest jpeg quality.
The iPhone must have image editing software in it? Or a choice of apps that do that?
I have an Android phone, so I can't give experienced help with the iPhone.

I don't know of a way to directly reduce the file size in the camera. However what you can do is simply email the photo to yourself. The camera will ask you if you want to reduce the file size - pick a suitable size and send. When it comes in to your email, just save it to your photo roll, and there you are.

What I'd recommend for a better solution is to set up a Flickr account. A bit more trouble, but then you can upload photos directly from the phone and do anything you want with them, including posting in smaller sizes or creating galleries.

Though I don't have an iPhone...with hundreds of thousands of iOS apps, surely a lot of them are image editors...? And most image editors can edit image size...at least they can on Android.

Look for a function called "resize" or "image size".

OK, here's an iPhone app I found in a quick search:
Reduce
But there's gotta be a lot more out there, too...

The only way I know how to reduce the size directly from the iPhone is to choose Edit at the top right of the image you want, the then choose the Crop tool at the bottom left. If you want to put a quick picture up but need to reduce its size, that's the easiest way to do it.

The way JHanson describes is another way without needing to crop the original image.

If you do a web search for "iphone phone photo apps that resize" you will see at least a couple of free ones: Simple Resize and Resize Photo. I haven't used either, but since they're free, you're not out much more than your time.

I use Photoforge2 which does lots of your typical photo edit stuff, including a very flexible resize, and there are lots of options for saving or sending your photo. It does cost a whole $2.99, however :)

Thks for advice, the edit button was right in front of my face the entire time. It worked perfect.

I'm sure someone has gone over this in the past but for the life of me I can't remember the answer. What is the size I need to reduce a picture in oreder to be able to post it here? Thanks.

I'm sure someone has gone over this in the past but for the life of me I can't remember the answer. What is the size I need to reduce a picture in oreder to be able to post it here? Thanks.

Under 500K total.

If you're using the Insert image tool (which links to an already-uploaded image) it doesn't matter what size it is. The forum software reduces it to (usually) 900 pixels wide.

gallery_2431_363_9056.jpg

If you're using the "Click to Attach Files" method, file size has to be less than 500kB, but the image dimensions can be anything that produces a file size less than 500kB. If the jpeg compression is great enough the image dimension can still be huge.

Well it looks like some one will have to walk me through this like I'm a 4 year old. Actually if I had a 4 year old in the house he would know how to do it. I
I've shrunk the image size both in inches and pixels and it stll says the file is to large to load. I'm using Elements 11. Help!

Testing....instead of using my computer I'm trying out imgur.

xoSIV1h.jpg

Hey it worked.
Easy to use hosting site. Anyone else use it?

Back
Top Bottom