I thought California to Alaska was cool and then......

NorCalSteve

Mike and I drove our Hawks from Northern California to Deadhorse Alaska. We walked out of the Prudhoe Bay Hotel earlier today and met a husband and wife that just got out of their car that came from Victoria Brazil. And their trip is just beginning.

http://www.eduardoprata.com.br/cgi-bin/principal.asp

20150621_174340.jpg

Pretty Cool

Steve

Very cool!

Must be somewhat dry up there right now, not a lot of calcium chloride on the truck. Just a bit of tire spray; no big CC stalactites hanging off the truck.

I met them on my trip down to Argentina, The world really feels smaller the more we drive around. We would meet people on the road and then a year later we would bump into each other again on a completely different continent!

I think we picked up most of the scum here in the Deadhorse area. Road was in much better shape than I expected. Worst part was washboard on maybe the last 20 miles.

Another picture.

IMG_3922.JPG

NorCalSteve said:
I think we picked up most of the scum here in the Deadhorse area. Road was in much better shape than I expected. Worst part was washboard on maybe the last 20 miles.

Another picture.

attachicon.gif
IMG_3922.JPG
Yep, the Dalton Highway was the same last year (early September) but the last 40 miles were washboard crazy! Some roads in town of Deadhorse were even worse. Dunno if you saw a grader working the bad section but one was there on my way in and out last year. Maybe a full time job.

A few months ago we met and invited a lone traveler who started in Quebec, over to Washington, to continue down to Argentina, on his bicycle. He is now in Peru.

Back
Top Bottom