I was in a MasterPull ad

brett13

Lovecock
Well, not really. You see, I was flipping through the latest Overland Journal and this ad for Master Pull caught my eye (sorry for the quality, I used my phone):

MPad.jpg

Then I recognized why the ad was so mesmerizing to me, I was just on that very same beach on our trip to Iceland:

12-09-IcelandFavs41.jpg

Pretty cool, huh? Now, post your pics of remote places you've been that were used in ads, commercials, etc.

Not me, I imagine they'd go "photoshop the ugly old fat guy out". Pretty cool you recognized the spot.

A bit more obscure but interesting none the less. And, maybe appropriate this being a presidential election year. John C. Fremont was the republican party's first candidate for president. This was 1856. Much of Fremont's popularity was based on his pathfinder image. Campaign posters depicted Fremont's climb of the highest peak in the Rocky Mountains during his expedition in 1842.

gallery_1902_252_156263.jpg

This was also depicted in a 1898 stamp

gallery_1902_252_147545.jpg

More information and posters can be found here - Peaks, peaks, and more peaks.

Fremont was beat by Buchanan and his Snow Mountain turned out not to be the highest. Later it was named Fremont Peak in his honor and is in the Wind River Range in Wyoming. It is the third highest peak in Wyoming.

Here are a couple of summit shots from the Lady's and my visit in 2006.

gallery_1902_252_9338.jpg

gallery_1902_252_21979.jpg

Gannett Peak, Wyoming's highpoint is the snow capped peak to the far right.

Cool.

To me the vehicle in the ad looks photoshopped into the scene. I guess that just makes the logistics easier.

It sure does look 'shopped! Look at the vehicles shadow. Notice my shadow. Mine was taken mid afternoon and the ocean is to the south. Would be pretty hard to get the sun in the north! And the cliff isn't casting a shadow, but the truck is?!

Back
Top Bottom