If I could make one change!

Squatch

If I could make one change or buy my Eagle differently. I would build as a mirror image of what it is. Exact same layout we have now but flip sides so that when you are sitting on the couch you get to look out the passenger side window.

Put the propane and stove furnace box on the passenger side and the couch on the drivers side. If we just had the couch and no furnace box I'd just do it myself.

I could never understand the idea of a couch up against the window.If for no other reason it gets in the way of the emergency escape. But other than that why have a window and have the couch block the light and view.
That's why I have a side dinette. Oh and I seem to have the same amount of storage,just all enclosed.
Frank

Had a Hawk and a Grandby, flipped roll over on both. Liked it better. Have an atc now and made a front couch/bed.

Mitch h,
Please explain what you mean by flipping the roll over couch?

This is what I did in my Grandby Shell, Yours could easily be modified if it suited you. Look in my gallery for more photos of the couch.

Attachments

• gallery_4609_911_1448928.jpg
    gallery_4609_911_1448928.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 159
EDR said:
Mitch h,
Please explain what you mean by flipping the roll over couch?
Pretty sure he meant what I started on this thread moving it to the other side of the camper. If I didn't have a furnace,stove,propane box it would be pretty easy to do.

But in the case of my 6'6" Eagle I would have to shorten the couch to move it to the other side or across the front. Since I occasionally sleep on it and I'm the same length as the couch that isn't going to happen. To much work and the camper works fine as is. Though it would be nice to look out the window. Last year before we bought this I looked at 4 different FWCs at a show. I quickly decided the side dinette is not for me. Too cramped. I don't care to sit in booths at restaurants. But I know plenty fo folks like them so it's great that is an option.

The point of my 1st post was food for thought. For anyone buying a new shell with just a couch tell them to put it on the port side. If I ever buy another camper maybe I'll get an ATC and have them build it my way.

Back
Top Bottom