Inaugural Shake down run and campover in my new Fleet!

hoyden

Lady Bug
I wanted to get around 150 miles in so that I could adjust the turnbuckles. After about 50 bouncy miles, pulled off to take a break. I got me and Pugsly out of the truck and it looked so pretty, I started backing up to take a photo.

Suddenly, I was slamming down to the ground backwards. Ow! I only hit my head a little, but ended up with a pretty good scrape on my left hip and my right shoulder and neck are sore.
This was the offending tree branch in the foreground.

I realized that I'd been lax. I could easily have landed on one of those extended branch snubs and been impaled. This is what I get for spending too much time at home, work, home again. Woke me right up!

IMAG7248.jpg

I drove back towards town, picked up a few groceries and headed up Senator Highway to find a camping spot. I like it up there because if you get a decent camping spot, you get a lovely sunset view. I didn't get the spot I wanted, but the next best.

IMAG7257.jpg

After getting popped up, Pugsly and I went for a walk. When we got back, she wanted to be Queen of the Camper

IMAG7264.jpg

While unpacking, I tested out my bluetooth speaker with my iPod. Worked great!

IMAG7272.jpg

(Except that late on while trying to grab the speaker, I fumbled and it went rolling off the counter and onto the floor to the door)

IMAG7274.jpg

A couple of friends drove up late afternoon for a "Camper Warming" visit!
They brought me a couple of gifts and snacks!

IMG_20151115_082017.jpg

IMAG7291.jpg

The fridge fits the wine perfectly.

IMG_20151115_081921.jpg

This morning, I tried out the stove for the first time and made coffee! Works great!

IMG_20151115_081735.jpg

Pugsly approves.
(don't tell her, but I think she looks kinda like a Walrus here)

IMG_20151114_181412.jpg

Nice inaugural trip! Great gifts and glad the trip and fall weren't worse. Many great trips ahead.

Thanks you all! I'm excited to take it out again... next weekend!

highz said:
Sweet shakedown trip. It's nice to live close to good camping areas isn't it?
It's SO Great to live close to good camping areas! I wanted to camp someplace pretty, but I wanted to be not too far just in case I forgot something big or something didn't work etc. Out in the middle of nowhere, but fifteen minutes to town. Next time I take it out - much farther! :-D

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Nice shake down trip.Looks like you have a great camping rig,and a good helper.
Frank
Pugsly doesn't make coffee and she gets hair everywhere and doesn't vacuum, but she is fantastic moral support!

Looks like a fun 1st outing. I'm glad you didn't get impaled. Looking forward to some trip reports from Pugsley.

Back
Top Bottom