Installing a Stove in my Eagle

CO2 is most definitely produced during the production of propane and natural gas. CO2 and water vapor are the primary combustion products which is why burning fossil fuels leads to global warming.

I think you are confusing CO2 and CO. Under non-ideal situations, combustion also produces small amounts of CO in addition to CO2. CO is very poisonous which is why there is a CO (not CO2!) detector in your camper.

czukie said:
So what do sprinters/van lifers do with their propane? Seems like very few home builds have a designated capsule/container...
They generally use under body mount propane tanks:
660777e00839f9d96265bab725e06ad2.jpg

I have a flush mount cooktop in my Hawk.

My advice...DO NOT install one!

We only use our cooktop to boil water for tea/coffee, Trader Joe's oatmeal and that's about it. We don't want the cooking odors and grease associated with cooking meals embedded in the camper fabrics.

We have a 16" 2 burner Partner Stove, Cook Partner and do 99% of our cooking on it, outside (under the awning if raining). I simply relocate one of our 10# propane bottles for the camper to the cooking table. No bottle, use the disposable kind or purchase a 5 or 10# refillable bottle.

If weather is so bad you can't go outside, use a Jet Boil or similar in brand inside the camper.

If I were to order a new FWC camper today, I would delete the cooktop altogether.

Just my 2 cents.

Ron, actually you can delete it, however, you do not get a credit. At least you could in 2015. I nearly did so.

The pumping still would have been there, just no cooktop.

<p>Mystery, I applaud your idea to install a stove/oven in such a small space. We also mostly cook outside except in the rain. Than we use a small Coleman one burner portable propane stove for making soups and coffee. see picture.
gallery_2684_938_46192.jpg

Underneath the counter is a large open area for the dry food box and camp kitchen.

Back
Top Bottom