Installing and venting a Cubic Mini Wood Stove

Skindog

Hey all,

Newb here. I have an old Hawk FWC that's completely gutted and sits on the rails of my truck. I really want to install a wood burning stove in the rig and have it vent out the rear, side of the camper and then up. Doing so would require two 90 degree angles and the manufacturer suggests against it but wondered if anyone else has tried this or has any beta on doing so. I don't want to go straight up through the roof because it's a pop up and would require a flexible vent pipe (setting up and taking down for transport). Any info is greatly appreciated.

Might be a little difficult the make the hole but using 2 45’s instead of 90’s would be better.

FWIW-I know of a few folks that have vented the wood stoves in their homes out a wall with 2 90’s without any issues.

Is there an RV wood stove where the exhaust gases exit out the rear of the stove? That would eliminate one 90 degree bend.

Paul

A bit late here, but I have done the same work. I gutted my Hawk and it now rests on the bedrails too. Love it, so much more space! No way do I need a dedicated stove, icebox, heater and poorly executed cabinets inside. Far less weight too. I am considering a wood stove and yes, the chimney is a issue. I was planning on using a Army Ammo Box for the stove itself. Look it up, I think they are a good start. Like you, I am not sure of the chimney. If you go through the roof, you have to assemble and dissemble the chimney. Thing is, if you go out the side, you would have to do the same, the top must be above the roof line. I am thinking out the side is best. Easier to keep rain out when not in use and it will not interfere with any items you attach to the roof of the camper shell. I would be curious to see what you come up as a design. PM me.

Did you read the thread ,just a couple weeks ago a member posted
about his wood stove.It vents through the roof.
It seems either way you need to assemble/disassemble the vent/chimney
Frank.

Yes, I found the link, thanks to all who helped. Although the workmanship, design, execution, and details are stellar, too big for me. Anyway, I built a wooden cabinet for clothes in that location and on the other side too, his and hers. Question is: is a camper ever complete or finished, or is it more like painting the Golden Gate Bridge?

Back
Top Bottom