Installing Maxxair fan in 2012 Eagle - making sure I don't need low profile?

swope

Hey everyone, I'm sure this is a dumb question, but just want to be absolutely certain before I buy. I'm going to upgrade the vent in our 2012 Eagle with a Maxxair fan (most likely a Maxxfan Plus). Some of the photos that I see look fine, but other pictures make it look like the base of the fan is going to be "deep", if that makes sense. Then I noticed that Maxxair sells a low profile model. I'm assuming that I don't need this and can purchase a normal Plus model, but just looking for some peace of mind before ordering.

Thanks!

That lower piece is intended to be trimmed to match the thickness of your roof. The low profile version seems to be called that because it sticks up above the roof a bit less, not because of being designed for a particular roof thickness. I would suggest going to the manufacturer’s web site and downloading the installion manual to see what’s involved. I have not installed one myself but from what I read it seems to be a DIY level job.

Before you install, watch this video. https://youtu.be/B5nIeA0tL8I

I doubt Maxxair has fixed the problem yet, but their fans work in a pretty narrow voltage input -- around 12.5. If you have solar, it typically puts out 13+ volts and that can either fry the fan motherboard entirely or cause the fan to stop working, at which point it beeps non stop. It's easy to wire in a voltage regulator and REALLY easy to do it prior to install.

Not every fan seems to have this problem but I replaced several under warranty before I discovered the problem and the solution.

Good luck.

kmacafee said:
Before you install, watch this video. https://youtu.be/B5nIeA0tL8I

I doubt Maxxair has fixed the problem yet, but their fans work in a pretty narrow voltage input -- around 12.5. If you have solar, it typically puts out 13+ volts and that can either fry the fan motherboard entirely or cause the fan to stop working, at which point it beeps non stop. It's easy to wire in a voltage regulator and REALLY easy to do it prior to install.

Not every fan seems to have this problem but I replaced several under warranty before I discovered the problem and the solution.

Good luck.
Thanks for the heads up! Will definitely watch the video you shared before installing. Don't have solar (yet), but good to know for sure.

Back
Top Bottom