installing read fold out steps

Neversummer70

Advanced Member
has anybody done this on a fourwheel? i was looking at some on amazon but i may just go with the obvious "get a step stool and put it in the camper. when you get to where you are going pull it out and place it on the ground" route.

Hello, we have mtbs on a rack and got this step for on the road so we dont have to spin our bars. I figure once off road it will be a great portable paper weight for all my business papers. Full disclosure we dont get the camper untill january so i am a little bit excite!

Splayleg said:
I think harbor freight has these too and they are cheaper and always have some kind of coupon going on for another 20% off.

$24.99 w/o any coupon but search for a coupon and you'll find one
http://www.harborfreight.com/catalogsearch/result?q=hitch+step

I guess it's personal preference. I have Torklift GlowSteps and don't really understand why anybody disses them? Safety and comfort... but I'm old ;)

Another advantage of the Rubbermaid steps is that you can use them for tucking in the corners and attaching the clampdowns on the top. They are also handy around the house and garage.

I've gone from a collapsible step to a e step step stool and now have scissor steps that attach below the door. Found the scissor steps on the local craigslist and picked up the bracket at a local RV supply store. There are still times I just step on the hitch and pull myself in.

Part of it depends on how high your bed is and what sort of step up you are comfortable making.

Splayleg said:
Hello, we have mtbs on a rack and got this step for on the road so we dont have to spin our bars. I figure once off road it will be a great portable paper weight for all my business papers. Full disclosure we dont get the camper untill january so i am a little bit excite!
hmm that would be tough for me because my bike rack sits in the tow hitch already and is really in the way of the back of the camper. I am getting the RakAttach made right in Park City ut where i live. kind of expensive but it swings the bike rack out of the way of the back of the camper . i guess i need to either drill holes or just get the rubbermaid step stool. oh well, first world problems

Never, we went from the Brophy 2 step, added the RackAttack, cargo basket, and we now use the Rubbermaid plastic step stool. It makes it easier to get up and latch or unlatch the roof latches. It folds up and stores inside the camper. jd

Sent from my SM-G900V using Wander The West mobile app

I pull a 12 foot trailer that carries my utv and firewood. and I never disconnect while camping. so I have been using the tounge on the trailer as a step. but its a little too high. so sat I went to bass pro shops and got the Reese hitch step. works perfect. it still lets you use the hitch receiver, and mounts around the hitch itself. installs in less than 5 minutes. holds up to 500 lbs. and is at the perfect height. best 29.00 I have spent in a while.

XJINTX said:
I guess it's personal preference. I have Torklift GlowSteps and don't really understand why anybody disses them? Safety and comfort... but I'm old ;)
We did these on our previous slide-in Hawk and really liked them. We left them permanently attached and just held them up for driving with two cables attached with clips to two stainless steel eyebolts above. Worked great!

Now that we have the side entrance with the Hawk flatbed the Torklifts stick out too far and I'm too lazy to put them on and off. :) So we are back to a simple aluminum ladder I cobbled together from two Gorilla ladders from Home Depot. But the missus sure liked those Torklifts...

Back
Top Bottom