Installing Used FWC

Lkattus

Hi all-

Looking seriously at a used Finch for our Tacoma. A couple questions- anyone happen to have old spec sheets available? I also emailed FWC.

And my biggest question- our Tacoma (2015) doesn’t have Bed bars yet and the person we are thinking of buying from would sell them to us. What is the best and most efficient way to install a used trailer? Meet at a auto shop? We have to drive a few hours to view the camper and if it all looks good, I’d like to try and install same day. Is that realistic?

Thanks in advance for your input!

if he has the bed bars its very easy. Literally unbolted the bed bolts and laying the bars down and rebolting the bars down. You can do the wiring later or have the So Cal dealer do it. You can get it home for sure easily

You'll need the fitting that engages the the bolts currently in your bed to install the bars.

Looks like this.

As above, it's very straight forward.

If you have solar in the unit, you may not even choose to connect to your truck battery. If you do, it's about 2 hours of work.

Stoked - hope the unit works out for your guys.

pic1.JPG

Its a t55 bolt if I recall correctly. You might want to test out opening the bolts up at home before you go and when you have all your tools at your disposal. Tourque is your friend. But it is extremely straightforward to install the bed brackets. my build thread has photos of it.

Back
Top Bottom