Interior light replacement

cacapasa

I have been searching through some topics on this site and can't quite find what I'm looking for. I am looking to replace my interior lights. My camper uses the "sunray" brand, which apparently isn't made any more. Just wondering if anyone knows of a brand of fixtures that would be compatable. I'm looking for somthing that will mount the same way, maybe even the same holes as the old ones. I would also like them to be similar size so the fake wood stipping on the ceiling comes close to the edge of the fixture. While I am at it I would also look into switching to an LED fixture if anyone knows of one that would fit the criteria. Thanks everyone.

I have been searching through some topics on this site and can't quite find what I'm looking for. I am looking to replace my interior lights. My camper uses the "sunray" brand, which apparently isn't made any more. Just wondering if anyone knows of a brand of fixtures that would be compatable. I'm looking for somthing that will mount the same way, maybe even the same holes as the old ones. I would also like them to be similar size so the fake wood stipping on the ceiling comes close to the edge of the fixture. While I am at it I would also look into switching to an LED fixture if anyone knows of one that would fit the criteria. Thanks everyone.

Not aware of Sunray. Are your bulbs fluorescent or incandescent? If incandescent you should be able to find LED bulbs that will fit the same sockets. No need for new fixtures. Lots of choices out there now. May want to search WTW for suggestions and also Google LED 12 volt.

Do you have any picture you can post of your interior lights ?

I'm thinking we have the same lights available today ?

You could call Terry in our service department if you wanted to buy new ones.

FWC SERVICE
ASK FOR TERRY
1-800-242-1442

Or if you wanted to upgrade the bulbs to LED's, do an internet search for this ...

"LED bulb replacement bayonet"

Like hittheroad mentioned, you can just switch out the bulbs if your light fixtures still work OK ?

:)

Attachments

• LED bulb replacement.jpg
    LED bulb replacement.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 99
I got something like this off Ebay. They work nicely, if they are coming from China the shipping takes a while. The warm white color is preferable in my opinion.

Stan, do those type always face the right direction? Because the fixtures were built for 360 degree light from an incandescent, they probably didn't care which direction the little nub on the bulb faced. What I mean to say is that you cannot rotate the bulb within the fixture once it is seated, so if the LED's are facing the ceiling, then are your SOL?

Thanks

EDIT: If you go this route, make sure one of the adapters matches your bulb style#, there are a few options out there.

Good question?

Nobody has asked that one before.

I think the guys on WTW that have installed those bulbs without any problems.

At least I have not heard of any ??

Maybe they had to do some teawking to the bulb ?

(see picture I saved awhile back)

:)

Attachments

• LED interior light aftermarket bulb.jpg
    LED interior light aftermarket bulb.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 146
Back
Top Bottom