Intro and Gracias

DobleTraccion

Advanced Member
First post here for me.
As a lurker this place was clutch.

Thanks to the used camper thread, I bought the vintage (86) Keystone tipped by lqhikers.
In fact, I liked the truck living under that camper, so I grabbed that too...
1995 F250 diesel 4X4 regular cab with manual hubs, manual windows, and 130K on the clock. Had a fresh set of "Tacos" (BFG ta/ko's) so that was bonus.
She ain't pretty but she's got grunt and soul.
To spec this beast new would be in the neighborhood of 50 large.
For about a fifth of that, I hopefully have a unit I can enjoy for maybe five years.
The whole package is quite well cared for, and I have a shakedown trip scheduled in three weeks. We'll see.
In six months I'll either be crying or strutting.

Immediate needs include a new house battery and having it connected to the main batteries. I'll also drop down to Tijuana for fresh upholstery and curtains.

Thanks to these forums for the tips.

P.S. The camper came with receipt, order sheet, brochures, and other cool Four Wheel paperwork. Was 7K new in 86.

D.T. Welcome to the forum and the FWC family. Sounds like you have a nice set up and you should enjoy many years of camping and traveling. Pics please.

Cheers,

Mike

DobleTraccion welcome to the forum.

I started off with a early '80s model and later upgraded to a new FWC. You will get alot of good fun use out of what you have.

We all demand pictures:D So get them up here;)

life is good!

D.T. welcome.Question,was the fwc the one in Borrego? I spend a lot of time in area (We lived in Borrego for 5 years)and never saw it ,sounds like you got a good deal ! As you notice we (the forum members)always want pictures so we are ready to enjoy your new ride!
Drive slow and enjoy "its the journey"
Lea Lqhikers

Good to be here.
And yes, Lea, it was the Borrego kit.
Thanks for the tip!

Surprised no one wants to see photos...? :D
I'll snap some on the shake-down and post.
Yellowtail drippings might look good on that USFS green paint...

An Extention Of The Weird World

Welcome D.T. Post pictures as soon as possible, I've never seen picture nuts like this group in my life. JESUS I HOPE YOU EAT FISH

You can shake it, but I bet you can't break it...

Welcome aboard DT, that looked like a sweet set up You bought. No rust in the desert.
You'll love it here..OBTW,If the Yellowtail guts dry on the hood it will protect the paint.

My first was an 80's model as well...10 years of dutiful service without a glich....She sat on 4 different trucks during that time...

The first and the last:

Attachments

• 1011801270_004.JPG
    1011801270_004.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 199
  • DSCN1555.JPG
    DSCN1555.JPG
    26 KB · Views: 200
Back
Top Bottom