intro: new guy with an older 4WC

been a while...

Back because we just got the Fleet back from 4WC with a new liner and folding panels. I haven't even seen it yet, but my wife is very pleased. I guess the 2nd battery system we had installed is dodgy, and Chicali tried to help my wife out quite a bit today, and didn't charge her a dime. Pro service.

I owe y'all some pics, because I built a platform with sliding drawers underneath to store skis, chains, shovels, etc. It works well. I run with the tailgate open as a step when the camper's on, and the box stays in with the tailgate shut when it's off.

biglines_89064.jpg

Next up is expanding the cab-over bed and re-configuring the storage. I'm thinking about removing the long, skinny storage over the couch, and building something new next to the fridge. Home-made cold weather liner and curtains courtesy of my wife's mom. Speakers for the sattelite radio. Also, new sleeping pads. Those old, thick ones are mushed out, and the coverings are dingy.

Anyone ever use a Coleman camp oven on the stove? I can't imagine why it wouldn't work...

~mike

Fleet model

Stan, I have a Fleet sitting on our 2008 Toyota TACOMA Access Cab. Fits like a glove. Have it blocked 2 inches to clear side rails.
I have the plywood cut, to give us a queen bed oner the cab. A couple more hours work and will be good to go.

How did you secure the camper to the box.

robbie

Hey, that looks familiar!

Mike, I just picked up the same sticker last week that is on your camper. Have an Icky for me - can't get that on this side of the Sierras.

BSS - the rugrat looks familiar, eh? we are everywhere :thumb:

robbie - camper is not attached to the box - I use a Tork Lift Spring Loaded XL frame-mounted system - mo' betta' - I'm curious about how you are doing the bed

Ted - you have an I Ski in Jeans sticker on your camper? :D You might be surprised where you might find Icky. I know Tom is having some of it brewed at Butte Creek's facility in Chico...

Back
Top Bottom