Introducing Riley

craig333

Riley's Human
New camping partner. He doesn't know it yet of course. Eight weeks. Lab or lab mix, we aren't completely sure yet. If theres something other than lab it hasn't shown up yet.

There is something so special about puppies (or any newborn). He's a cutie and he will have many happy trails. We always have "Toller", our Chocolate PoodlePointer mix with us. He especially loves looking out the window at free range cattle. We will stop on dirt roads so he can sniff them. They just stare back calmly chewing. He has the entire back seat in the extended cab although our camera gear kinda crowds him. We also just adopted a black Standard Poodle so Toller would have a buddy to play with at home. What's his name? Or will he grow into one?

I'm sure he'll love to play with Bob and Callie. Being a lab I'm going to have to get used to a wet dog wanting in the camper. I'd planned on adopting an older dog but as the way with me and dogs, things happen. Looking forward to showing him some snow if we ever get any.

Craig, Good for you. You are brave for getting a puppy. We prefer to adopt adult dogs and skip that phase.
Being a lab I'm going to have to get used to a wet dog wanting in the camper.
Our dog spent all her camper time on the bench seat. We covered it with an old sheet and washed it after every trip. Much easier than trying to clean the upholstery. Also used carpet scraps for our floor and just replaced it regularly. Cheap and, again, easy.

Ted said:
Our dog spent all her camper time on the bench seat. We covered it with an old sheet and washed it after every trip. Much easier than trying to clean the upholstery. Also used carpet scraps for our floor and just replaced it regularly. Cheap and, again, easy.
Same here. Wool mexican blankets dry out well. And carry extra towels Craig, sometimes ya just can't say no when water is involved.

Congrats on the new buddy Craig. Riley looks like he's going to make a great companion. Here's a pic showing you just what you get to look forward to around water. That's Marc's Lab Dylan and my hound Domino. Nothing better than a couple big wet dogs around the campfire :)

Attachments

• jalamadogs.jpg
    jalamadogs.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 97
Me too Ted, but well, theres a puppy in the house. I guess once every twenty years or so isn't that bad.

Definitely being needing towels and blankets. Yuma was a good swimmer but he never went in without some encouragement. Never known it to be that way with labs.

I love running into people with puppies. I can enjoy them and then they take them home. :LOL: Rocky the dog says hi to Riley too. Labs are the best dogs, even though they sometimes have more energy than sense. I had one as a kid and always wanted another one but somehow always ended up with Golden Retrievers. Of course whatever dog you have is always the best. :)

Congrats on the pup! They are always puppies no matter how old they are! They just tend to decrease their destruction and popping when they get older Here is my "pup":

We had to say goodbye to him in July. We still miss him very much. One of the greatest things in life...the bond between man and dog. Carpe dog!

Nice setup but where do you sleep? Looking forward to this summer when he's actually old enough to go.

His bed didn't fit me so I slept in the cot :D I spoiled him. You can see food & water bowl and his squirrel squeaky toy. This was my setup pre FWC. It worked well for solo trips.
craig333 said:
Nice setup but where do you sleep? Looking forward to this summer when he's actually old enough to go.

I haven't even shown Riley the inside of the camper yet. Something to do today. No work for another seven days at least. Glad the pups are keeping my occupied since I can't afford to travel. Maybe if EDD ever comes through. What a messed up agency.

Back
Top Bottom