Iota DLS 30/IQ4 Battery Charger/Power Source $70

Charlie

Advanced Member
Iota DLS 30/IQ4 Battery Charger/Power Source $70 + shipping

New in 2019 Hawk, rarely used and works fine. This is the version with the built in IQ4. It’s fine for your AGM based builds. I upgraded to lithium.

Attachments

• 1FDEA072-B2C8-460B-A5E1-2CFF0F69B554.jpeg
    1FDEA072-B2C8-460B-A5E1-2CFF0F69B554.jpeg
    130.5 KB · Views: 50
Hi Charlie,
Curious what you upgraded to (details appreciated) and how you installed. I just dropped in 2 100amp Lithium batteries in my hawk and have the exact same Iota which doesn't work well with the lithium apparently.

bsharp007 said:
Hi Charlie,
Curious what you upgraded to (details appreciated) and how you installed. I just dropped in 2 100amp Lithium batteries in my hawk and have the exact same Iota which doesn't work well with the lithium apparently.
I installed a Victron IP22. I have a continuous 600mA draw on the battery (one 1280Wh lithium) and so I needed something to keep it topped off when the camper is in storage. The Victron has a lithium mode, and seems to be working fine for the last 2 months.

I have the front dinette configuration, so the battery compartment is aft, underneath the stove. Since it has room for two batteries, and I'm only using one, I used the remaining space for (all Victron) BMV-712, MPPT, IP22 and Orion TR.

You probably won't have that space available in the battery compartment, but the IP22 is much smaller than the Iota, and it should be a simple swap in the same space where the Iota is currently located. But maybe you could mount it to the ceiling of the battery compartment? Getting to the Iota is a real PITA. I took out the sidewall of the battery compartment, and removed the grill on the cabinet, to reach it.

The Iota output was connected somewhere forward to the Hawk wiring harness. I disconnected that, and ran the output of the IP22 directly to the battery, using 6 AWG wire. I also replaced the input side wire of the Iota end with the end of an extension cord, so that I could plug in the IP22. I just couldn't bring myself to cut off the 120v plug on the IP22.

Attachments

• IMG_7084a.jpg
    IMG_7084a.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 73
Thanks Charlie looks like a clean install. I think I'm going to do almost the same thing you did, pull the Iota but I'll be replacing with a small Inverter to charge E-bike batteries and I'm considering using a 110v battery charger (battery tender type) charger with the alligator clips to charge the lithium batteries while the camper is in my garage. The charger will just go from the outlet into the batteries directly.
And you are right about the battery box, I already have crammed 2 100ah lithium batteries in their and I'm hoping to fit a 30 amp solar charger, Victron shunt and a DC-DC charger as well....we'll see.
I have no idea why FWC is basically installing obsolete charging equipment on their brand new campers, doesn't work with most smart alternators and doesn't provide a proper lithium charge profile.
All this on 30k plus camper....

Back
Top Bottom