Is this 2017 FWC fleet worth the sellers firm price of $21,000?

dole

It has shore power but no solar. I am on mobile and can’t downsize photos, but it’s saying they are too large to attach, so I have put them here https://imgur.com/gallery/FIelQ43

I am considering driving about 10 hours away to purchase it, and I am bummed that it doesn’t have solar, but that is something I could add later. I’m just trying to figure out if I’m paying a fair price if I do get this, because I have never purchased one of these before. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• CB69B484-59A0-4E76-9ED3-F75FBFD47B36.jpeg
    CB69B484-59A0-4E76-9ED3-F75FBFD47B36.jpeg
    383.5 KB · Views: 58
If it’s in good shape, clean as it looks in the photos, and everything works correctly, it might be worth it. In my opinion, it’s slightly (not horribly) high. Before driving 10/hours, ask all the condition questions and if you’re satisfied with the answers, make an offer. The worst that can happen is the seller can say no. Then it’s decision time if you think it’s worth the sellers price.
You might also look for an ATC Bobcat. Member Alley-Kat has a unique one foe sale.

Wandering Sagebrush said:
If it’s in good shape, clean as it looks in the photos, and everything works correctly, it might be worth it. In my opinion, it’s slightly (not horribly) high. Before driving 10/hours, ask all the condition questions and if you’re satisfied with the answers, make an offer. The worst that can happen is the seller can say no. Then it’s decision time if you think it’s worth the sellers price.
You might also look for an ATC Bobcat. Member Alley-Kat has a unique one foe sale.
Originally they were asking $23,000, and we have hit rock bottom on negotiations at $21,000. That is a really cool ATC, I will definitely look into if that would work. I’m going to be living in whatever I purchase full-time in Utah, where it snows for several months out of the year

I agree with Sage, it appears to be in pretty good shape. Is the refrigerator two-way or three-way? If two way and you don’t have access to shore power you’ll definitely want to add solar.

I think it’s a fair price given current economic conditions.

Wandering Sagebrush said:
If I recall, there is not a furnace, nor storm flaps. Read his ad for details.
It's a unique build. I like it even without the outer storm flaps and passenger side window. It does have a furnace, if you look at the image of the low mounted galley. If one desired and kept the flame low enough, he or she would be able make a cup of coffee without raising the top. The front fridge is a bonus as well.

gallery_2702_1529_128173.jpg

That is a great deal.

That camper new today would be $35,000 - $40,000.

Great way to save $20K and get a camper that is only 5 years old.

dole said:
It has shore power but no solar. I am on mobile and can’t downsize photos, but it’s saying they are too large to attach, so I have put them here https://imgur.com/gallery/FIelQ43

I am considering driving about 10 hours away to purchase it, and I am bummed that it doesn’t have solar, but that is something I could add later. I’m just trying to figure out if I’m paying a fair price if I do get this, because I have never purchased one of these before. Any thoughts?

Given today’s lead times alone people are willing to pay more than typical asking prices. I think it not having solar is better for you as the technology is improving so fast, 5 year old solar isn’t what it is today. I’d go lithium on batteries and have a reputable shop do the install unless you’re comfortable doing it. Stan is correct, great way to save a lot of money.

dole said:

A lot of nice options but I would suggest that you consider if you need/want all of them? We would never use a hot water system so that would add complexity in our situation; your situation might differ. I woul d also suggest that if you are interested you move rather quickly. These things can move quickly at the right price.

It looks very clean to me and a drive that far would be an issue but maybe someone near can at least take a look for you?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom