Isn't it about time

Silvertip47

The Chair Bandit
we antied up again to help out with the costs of our forum? Seems to me a one shot deal won't last forever!!!!

I helped out last year, and felt good about it. I'm not sure about now though. The whole thing seemed to be in peril, and Aaron wanted the site to be more focused on advocacy. I'm not sure if he realized how much of the WtW members were already participating in advocacy projects but were just quiet about it. I have broadened my advocacy mindset as a result, so all is good on that front IMO.

Aaron is off doing his thing now and our new hosts seem to have a good handle on what needs to be done. The site has ads, so it must generate revenue, sooooo I dunno.

Thoughts?
unsure.gif

I to had contributed ,may be one time wasn't enough but I also have several different groups I support. So it's getting to the point which to cover and which to drop. I'll stick with the ones we have been covering for now.
Frank

I also contributed last year. But at that time it was a one man show that, while it did have advertising back then, cost Aaron more than the revenue brought in. The new owners are a professional business and run other websites as well. Perhaps as a volunteer moderator I am still contributing in one way. But I no longer feel a need to contribute monetarily.

Well since I never did give any $ before, I pushed the magic "give $" button a while back to become a contrib type and was told to wait till the new mgt had put in a new way to do it-saw this thread yesterday, tried again on what appeared to be the new set up for me to give my $50.00-have not heard back yet, but like you folks I enjoy this site and after years of just watching I started to get involved last year with posts, and really enjoy taking part-despite my apparent limited ability of using a computer (will get a hold of you later Mark and test both of our abilities to remain cool & calm under stress) I want to help out so keep me posted on what to do-raining here in Suzieville-no snow yet today, hoping, hoping------

Smoke

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I suppose that advertising makes the money and that revenue is based on hits, so the more we visit and post the better for the new A team. Therefore, I assume (uh oh) that this post will be a contribution of sorts. Does lurking earn as much as posting? :unsure:

Refund issued and I'm really sorry about the ongoing confusion with the donations.

Should have kept my mouth shut........didn't realize :eek:

Back
Top Bottom