It's finally here, Happy Solstice

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie
Site Team
You can feel the days getting longer already. Ho Ray.
But around here it seems more like spring as far as the plants go.
We already have spring flowers and the oak trees have had their flowers for weeks now.
Boy is the climate messed up or what.

Happy Solstice everyone. Feel free to dance naked for all you Druids out there, if the desire moves you, but watch out for the very cold weather.
Frank

Might be Frank , still cold when I get up at 4am. My clocks all messed up.
Russ

Sent from my iPhone using Wander The West

I think the winter solstice should mark the start of the year -- today should be New Year's Day!
Or maybe tonight should be New Year's Eve...

604b1a8565bde4291def112880c1d394.png

Sure, it would be a little inconvenient -- or a little inaccurate -- since the solstice varies by a day or so on the calendar, year to year. But it makes more sense than calling it the first day of winter.

And the pagan rites traditionally associated with the solstice would fit right in with how people celebrate New Year now -- party, PARTY, party, football!

5488a1d7617f81fdeebadb926fbc7236.png

MarkBC said:
I think the winter solstice should mark the start of the year -- today should be New Year's Day!
Or maybe tonight should be New Year's Eve...

604b1a8565bde4291def112880c1d394.png

Sure, it would be a little inconvenient -- or a little inaccurate -- since the solstice varies by a day or so on the calendar, year to year. But it makes more sense than calling it the first day of winter.

And the pagan rites traditionally associated with the solstice would fit right in with how people celebrate New Year now -- party, PARTY, party, football!

5488a1d7617f81fdeebadb926fbc7236.png
Don't you think that in the "old" days it was the beginning of the year?
Sounds like a great idea to me.
Frank

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
You can feel the days getting longer already. Ho Ray.
But around here it seems more like spring as far as the plants go.
We already have spring flowers and the oak trees have had their flowers for weeks now.
Boy is the climate messed up or what.

Happy Solstice everyone. Feel free to dance naked for all you Druids out there, if the desire moves you, but watch out for the very cold weather.
Frank
If we get a week or so of cloudy days, then the inevitable sunny day I can surely notice the few minutes we have gained, sun seems warmer and birds will chirp louder. Longest night / shortest day. Either or. It is my mental New Year's Day.

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Frank
Yes Frank, Happy Solstice! We plan on celebrating the rest of the year. A little extra dip in the air temperature makes it all the more special!

Find your time on the map.

Attachments

• 22e9a703-6951-493f-93ba-12cd7d5b691d.jpg
    22e9a703-6951-493f-93ba-12cd7d5b691d.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 47
Back
Top Bottom