It's Pig Flue Season in Mexico

cabezon23

I guess you all heard it over and over again in the news, Mexico is right now not a very popular destination.
Hotels are closing down, unemployment in Cancun area will soon be around 20% (or more), employees who didn't loose their jobs had to take up to 50% cuts in salary.

So, what do you do in a situation like this?

Go to the beach! Ministry of health advised everybody to stay in their house, lucky us, our house has wheels.

Coming from Playa del Carmen it is just one hour to the Sian Ka'an Nature Reserve. Beautiful beaches, a nice breeze from the ocean and an early visitor on Sunday morning. We really had a great time, the kids, parents and the dog had a blast.

Here are a few pics

Attachments

• Opera y Tulum 059.jpg
    Opera y Tulum 059.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 284
  • Opera y Tulum 069.jpg
    Opera y Tulum 069.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 293
  • Opera y Tulum 073.jpg
    Opera y Tulum 073.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 296
  • Opera y Tulum 100.jpg
    Opera y Tulum 100.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 287
  • Opera y Tulum 111.jpg
    Opera y Tulum 111.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 284
More pics from the beach

Here are a few more pictures.

I really enjoyed the encounter on Sunday morning with this huge sea turtle. I just hope the nest can stay undisturbed and the little ones make it to the sea.

Attachments

• Opera y Tulum 119.jpg
    Opera y Tulum 119.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 306
  • Opera y Tulum 138.jpg
    Opera y Tulum 138.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 303
  • Opera y Tulum 141.jpg
    Opera y Tulum 141.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 306
  • Opera y Tulum 143.jpg
    Opera y Tulum 143.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 293
  • Opera y Tulum 151.jpg
    Opera y Tulum 151.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 308
That looks like paradice

Those are awesome pictures. Its good motivation to see how well others are living. Interesting to see your set up. It looks like a Bobcat. I have a Bobcat on a 4x4 Tacoma Std Cab.

Regards,

Darryl

Paradise is what you make out of it

Those are awesome pictures. Its good motivation to see how well others are living. Interesting to see your set up. It looks like a Bobcat. I have a Bobcat on a 4x4 Tacoma Std Cab.

Regards,

Darryl

Hi Darryl,

it is a Bobcat with almost everything Ben could put in 2007, I don't use the furnace that often down here, but it's good to have it in winter.

And yes, paradise is what you make out of it. Cancun became in less than 2 weeks almost a ghost town, from an 80% hotel occupancy down to less than 10%. Half of the hotels had to close down, the other half is almost empty and had to fire half their staff. The remaining few work part time and get their salary cut in half.

But hey, theses are just a few dark clouds in Paradise. Nothing we couldn't handle somehow. The extra days off are well spent on the beach as you can see.:thumb:

You its funny I was think the other day that it would be a good time to visit Mexico since everyone would be gone but didn't know if it'd be more hassle than its worth. On the flu part I'm not particularly worried, regular flu kills more people than this strain, too much media pumping on the issue if you ask me.

I was thinking the same thing. If only I had the time and money I'd be heading down there right now. Must be able to get some great deals.

Back
Top Bottom