Jack Bracket Measurement Needed!?!

teleturns

I am going to pick up the 80's Grandby I purchased, this weekend. It has the manual hydraulic 4 corner style jacks on it. The distance between the jacks I am guessing is a little over 80". The flat bed on my truck is 85" wide. I need to make some small metal extensions to make the distance between the jacks larger. Can someone measure the bolt patern (the distance between bolts where the jack bolts on) on their jack brackets so I can fab up a quick extension.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Hope this helps. The holes are 3/8". These ae the brackets on my Granby. I would like to replace them with new ones out of stainless steel some day.

Attachments

• P4270028.jpg
    P4270028.jpg
    491.6 KB · Views: 199
  • P4270030.jpg
    P4270030.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 166
Thanks guys...Hopefully I can get this camper home in one piece and then I will make nice strong bracket extensions.

I would bring a drill & some drill bits with you, just in case.

4 corner campers jacks were not installed on many four wheel campers in the 1980's.

(most people used the portable cable jacks on the old 1980's FWC's)

My guess is that someone has added the jacks to the camper over the years.

So chances are the bolt pattern is not going to be the same as what we use now.

There have been many different manufacturers of camper jacks & jack brackets over the years.

I have seen a few different bolt pattens out there.

Better to be prepared for the worst & hope for the best.

Good luck with the camper !

:)

=====================================================================

Thanks guys...Hopefully I can get this camper home in one piece and then I will make nice strong bracket extensions.

I would bring a drill & some drill bits with you, just in case.

===================================================================

Thanks Stan... I will be taking a drill and some bits with me. I called the guy I am buying the camper from and he said the distance between the jacks was 82.5"....My flat bed is 84.5", so I dont think the brackets will have to be too big. He also said he is going to try to measure the bolt pattern for me. I have never had good luck drilling holes and having them match perfect on something like this. A drill will be a must.

Back
Top Bottom