Jack bracket width and awning mod question

100acrehuphalump

In a pool of clear crystalline water. Appalachia
How much do the mechanical jack brackets stick out from the side of the Hawk? I'm thinking about mounting some square aluminum tubes to them and attaching my 6' Tepui awning with screen room, but I don't know if I want it sticking out too far. Would screwing or bolting it to the frame be more logical?

I did something similar using electrical conduit and aluminum channel bolted to the jack brackets. The channel held the conduit away from the camper just far enough for the roof latch to clear. I thought it was perfect.

100acre... You will have to use your imagination. There are 4 pieces of angle stock, 1" I think. Two pieces bolted fast to the jack bracket and two could be extended to the height you see in the picture . It was a prototype that I never improved upon. The hooks in the conduit match the grommets in the $8 tarp. It may be hillbilly but I did use all new parts, except for one of the long garden stakes. It held up very well in wind with the tent stakes and guy rope. Waterproof too. I could hang a smaller tarp for sides and have a covered shower room. Living large. Never used it much, but it worked well. Oh, the conduit slid front to back to change the shade location.
img_115291_0_bf1c9d9d84f9f82450e090197d7d811e.jpg

img_115291_2_67f7d1b50f58e5be85716a688a88f80b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom