Jacks

I started out with two crank winch type which slipped under the overhang. Now that was scary. I since have gone to three of the crank type (Reico Titan heavy duty), and find them to be a lot more stable.

Mike

Thanks Mike
Is this what you got?My link

Are you happy with them?

These are the light duty. They will work as your camper is probably 1500# and they are rated at 1000# per jack and I would get four of them. I like the heavy duty model because it has chains to keep the feet from spreading.

I bought mine used from Paul Boe, another Alaskan Camper owner. I'd use this forum to seek out a used set. Anyone have a used set? And most definitely, I would use Craig's List before going the Amazon/retail route. For extensive searches, I use Craig's List Search Tempest <http://www.searchtempest.com/> as opposed to the normal, local Craig's List search engine.

And yes, I really like them. I had a set of four until I had a little unloading accident and bent one of them. I then moved the third one mid-camper and it works just fine. Just a bit harder to crank than having four.

Mike

Get four of them...much easier to balance the camper when you're removing it....those work great, I also have a set....

get the screwdriver attachment from Reico....then you can use a cordless screwgun....It's a bit pricey but you will save a ton of time

Mike needs to replace the fourth one of his.....

time heals all wounds...even bent jacks ;)

Get four of them...much easier to balance the camper when you're removing it....those work great, I also have a set....

get the screwdriver attachment from Reico....then you can use a cordless screwgun....It's a bit pricey but you will save a ton of time

Mike needs to replace the fourth one of his.....

time heals all wounds...even bent jacks ;)

Using three jacks is not a problem as I let my wife to crank the single jack!

Mike

Well I finally found a set of them on Craiglist. A set of 3 2 with the extension plates on them for $200. I'm not sure if I should get a fourth or not.

Does anyone not bolt the brackets onto their campers? Does that work ok if you don't?

buckwheat,
if you decide to get rid of your screw type jacks, i may be interested.the "75" i just got has them. they are a big improvement over my old crank cable set that came with the"64".mine has two different mounts front and rear . the back slides into a horizontal pipe bracket. i'd like to adapt something like that for the front so the jack could be a little farther out from the truck side.i barely had room between the jacks to put it on the truck to move into the garage for repairs.i'll try to load a pic of mine . maybe yours are still a improvement over my screw type jacks.

thanks,wes

Attachments

• jack 1.JPG
    jack 1.JPG
    120.6 KB · Views: 202
  • jack 2.JPG
    jack 2.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 216
  • jack3.JPG
    jack3.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 188
buckwheat,
if you decide to get rid of your screw type jacks, i may be interested.the "75" i just got has them. they are a big improvement over my old crank cable set that came with the"64".mine has two different mounts front and rear . the back slides into a horizontal pipe bracket. i'd like to adapt something like that for the front so the jack could be a little farther out from the truck side.i barely had room between the jacks to put it on the truck to move into the garage for repairs.i'll try to load a pic of mine . maybe yours are still a improvement over my screw type jacks.

thanks,wes

Sure thing it is only a set of 3. I made a set of extensions that brought them out farther from the truck. otherwise they look the same as yours. Shoot me a price then come get them. :)

great,
75 bucks ok? not sure what they are worth,what price did you have in mind? if it's easier,my e-mail is cty87300@centurytel.net

wes

i'm very glad i came up to see you today.i love the jacks and the visit was great too.my wife said to me on the way back,"it's good to see you so excited talking campers".hope i didn't ramble too much.thanks for showing me your rig and the pleasent conversation.

wes

Back
Top Bottom