Jiffy Pop

You need to google a whirley pop.... healthier for ya too. wicked fast and orville redenbacher corn ... you will never go back to the processed pop again!

You need to google a whirley pop.... healthier for ya too. wicked fast and orville redenbacher corn ... you will never go back to the processed pop again!

It looks wonderful but 6 quarts is big for carrying in the camper and all of you would have to come along to help eat it all. :) Might get one for home though. I always make stovetop corn for here at home. Jiffy was only on trips.

Whirley Pop

It weighs in at 5 ounces... and can be hung outside... believe me you will never go back to leathery microwave... popping fresh and then toppings ... certainly for the house first .... then I know you'll take it with you!
:)

There are ways to make your own Jiffy Pop style popper using pie tins. So combine that with your gourmet popping corn or home made popping corn. Best of both worlds - quality popcorn done over the campfire!

Ted said:
There are ways to make your own Jiffy Pop style popper using pie tins. So combine that with your gourmet popping corn or home made popping corn. Best of both worlds - quality popcorn done over the campfire!
Mr. Ted, could you please illustrate? Summer popcorn season is here.

I'm a longtime Jiffy-pop enthusiast going way back to my backpacking days. Always keep a few tucked away in the FWC in the narrow cubbyholes in the back of our pantry cabinet. Thanks for the warning on supply chain shortages!!! I'll keep my eyes out for possible hoarding maneuvers :cool: .

CraggyMan said:
I'm a longtime Jiffy-pop enthusiast going way back to my backpacking days. Always keep a few tucked away in the FWC in the narrow cubbyholes in the back of our pantry cabinet. Thanks for the warning on supply chain shortages!!! I'll keep my eyes out for possible hoarding maneuvers :cool: .
Sadly, from what I've heard Jiffy Pop is discontinued and no longer made.

Monte ,just checked Amazon and Jiffy-Pop is still available for sale.
But the product doesn't get very good reviews.
One purchaser mentioned a "plastic" pan?

Maybe what is for sale is stock still held in storage.
Frank

I have 5 coming (should be here today) to hold us over until we come up with a workable replacement. Yes, jiffy pop does not compare to the popcorn I make here at home, but, as Craggy says above, it works well and easy in the camper.

Dang! Bad news for us JP enthusiasts. Might have to revert back to just popping in the pan as per home. My Stir-Crazy would require an inverter.... :rolleyes:

Jiffy Pop is back just in time for winter! It is back on the shelves at our local store.........for about a buck more a pan.

Growing up in the southern Appalachians, the outhouse had corncobs & Sears & Roebuck catalogs in lieu (loo?) of toilet paper. Never heard of using popped popcorn. Certainly didn’t have a microwave in the outhouse for preparing same.

I’m sure I’m misunderstanding something here. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Paul

Jiffy Pop rules for camping, no not as good as at home, and frankly my skottle korn is starting to get pretty legit. But, my dog always loved the jiffy pop game in the camper, and well, my goes crazy for my jiffy pop dance. Sometimes, you gotta stick with the classics.
w

Speaking of Jiffy Pop...

We saw this camper in Zion back in 2002. Thought it was interesting enough to name it "Jiffy Pop Camper".

Wonder if they had a stash of Jiffy Pop popcorn?
Jiffy_Pop_Camper.jpg

Back
Top Bottom