Just joined, looking for 2nd camper

Hi, my name is Chuck and I live in Reno. I have been camping around the western US for the last nine years. My current rig is a 2000 Sierra 2500 with a Lance 825 camper on it. I love my truck and camper, but want to get a second camper for venturing further off the beaten path. My current combination does great until you get on very bumpy roads then there is just too much weight up high and I get worried about the rear overhang of the camper. So what I'm looking for is a used FWC Hawk to add to my collection. Here is a picture of my current setup:

BoatwithGMCs.jpg

The street light was a good mod idea, however, you may want to consider mounting it to an aluminum pole rather than a regular telephone pole. Might help with the high center of gravity as Mark pointed out.

Welcome to WanderTheWest. Now you've thoroughly depressed me. Two campers? I can't even afford the one i have.

You do realize, you may just like having the popup so much the lance might just sit in the driveway most of the time ;)

Hi, my name is Chuck and I live in Reno. ........... So what I'm looking for is a used FWC Eagle to add to my collection. ....

Welcome to the forum...You would like a Eagle, What are you going to use to haul it?

Whoops, I want a Hawk, I edited my original post.

I don't know about the Lance staying at home...the wife thinks the Lance is too small, so she really isn't going to like the FWC. That is what the guy trips are for anyways.

Howdy nieghbor, I have just the same thaught but oposite situation. I have a Hawk that I love for back country travel and hunting trips but I also would like to have a Artic Fox or Eagle Cap for more comfort and cold weather trips when off road capabilities are not nesesary. Hopefully when the rig I have is payed off this summer

If Wishes Were Horses

As long as we're longing I'll take this!!! I know its a bit silly but what the hell.

Attachments

• terrawind.jpg
    terrawind.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 127
Back
Top Bottom