Just Wondering About North-South Extended Bed vs East-West

syvjeff

I was reading the thread about the history of the extended bed and had a thought:

Would FWC or ATC users ever prefer an extended bed in a North-South configuration versus an East-West and not have any overhang into the general area of the camper?

Of the pop-up campers I've seen on the market that offers this option is Northstar.

Jeff

I have a Hawk with the extended bed feature over the cab which basically means the bed comes less into the camper but I extended it inside so it is basically a queen in both directions and here is why. When I go camping with my wife I don't mind her climbing over me to get to the forward bed but when camping with my brother we set the bed up the other way front to back. Having the bed set up side to side when traveling by myself makes set up fast and easy. With the extended bed over the camper and the thinner mattress I can set the bed so it doesn't come into the camper area when sleeping single. The way we have the camper set up I don't find the area coming into the camper a problem because I have a single set up side to side at the front below the top large bed which is basically for the dogs.

Back
Top Bottom