K5 Camper interior Pics

85k54x4 camper

Thanks for all the thumbs up, on my rig. Here are a few pics of some recent interior work that I have completed. Still work in progress. Now I don't claim to be any type of carpenter by any means. I work at a small visual effect studio in LA. So I'm able to use there shop and materials before they hit the trash bin. All the material for the rebuild has been free up to this point. So far I have invested $100 for the camper $200 in gas and food for friends to help me pick up camper. And a bunch a labor (great summer project). But, now it's time to spend money. I what to install dual battery system, And a few other goodies that I see on this web site. Everyone here has been a great inspiration for this project. I will be asking for some advise in the near future.
Thanks Again:cool:

Attachments

• blazer 750 rt side looking aft. med.jpg
    blazer 750 rt side looking aft. med.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 687
  • blazer med center.jpg
    blazer med center.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 684
  • blazer med lft side looking aft.jpg
    blazer med lft side looking aft.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 677
  • blazer med lft side looking fwd.jpg
    blazer med lft side looking fwd.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 667
Can you say Off-road "Class C"??

Never seen the inside of one of these 'til now. Totally kick!

K5,

Something looks a little funny with the way the canvas folds down over the rear door (last pic.)

That canvas should be tucked in between the rear fold mechanism, not laying over the door like that. You wouldn't want to thrash that nice looking 25 year old canvas..$1500 to replace.
That is such a cool set up with the walk through design to the cab!

Thanks for the pics..

TT

Nice looking rig, a few hundred for the camper and some work to rehab has to be another of the great deals we've seen so far. Welcome aboard and keep the pix comin'.

Wow TT your good. The canvas is exposed because I do not have lift panels. They were rotted when I picked up camper. That's one of my next projects. Any Ideas. I'm still able to use the top though. I lift it up and slide some wood panel up to support it. It's a little hassle, But I usually camp for 2-3 days at a time so it's worth it. Still easier then a tent, and much more comfortable. It's pretty strong, it was tested 4th July weekend at Jalama beach. Wind was blowing easily 20 knots and held up nicely. Still would like to get that system working. I think you can purchase lift panels but not sure. Any help or Ideas.
Thanks

I agree, you have a very nice rig. Nice old school stuff. Personally, I believe gas prices will go back down eventually. Using the rig to profile and camp on the California surfing beaches, you will not be driving long distances. For that purpose, the gas mileage is not that big a problem.

I had a standard cab long bed with similar running gear, bigger truck. It had full time 4X4 with a 350 carbureted, standard wheels and tires with 3.08 open gear sets. We got about 13 mpg. With dual 18 gallon tanks, it worked very well. I clearanced the crank and rod inserts, did a real nice stock build on the motor. With the 4x4 in low range, it was unbelievable from a red light, from 0 to 30, quick as lightening. I once caused a guy in a Z06 to run his Vett off the road trying to do a stunt cutting me off from a right hand turn lane at a stop light. He paid a price thinking his Vett was quicker than it was. I bet he is still wondering what was under the hood of that pickup.

Obviously, your truck has had some work done on the running gear. The only thing I have ever seen better is a Dodge Powerwagon with Dana 70s front and rear, 4.88 gear sets, heavy duty 318 2V (15 mpg) and an Alaskan camper. Your truck would leave the Dodge in the dust, except maybe in the Southern Sahara Desert, you might run out of parts first.

K54X4 Pros:
-Classic soul patrol style equals reduced cop hassle in Mexico.
-walk-through design equals lockable board storage.
-walk-through design offers perfect stealth camping unit as well as general convenience.
-short wheelbase and manual hubs for serious offroad capability.
-Price

K54X4 Cons

:thumb::cool:

Back
Top Bottom