Key FOB programming

ottorogers

Does anybody know where I can get my key FOB programmed and my new key cut and programmed as well for my 2014 tundra, I got them from Amazon and it clearly states in a literature that I cannot program these myself, of course I cannot cut the key either myself, the dealer quoted me $350, which is absolutely insane, I’m assuming A locksmith will be far more reasonable, the last one I had for my 4-runner was $90 in Yuma Arizona three years ago, but I’m not there now, I’m in Phoenix area, And will be in Palm Springs next week

One of my key FOB's wore out. From my research the Ford Dealer could only do it and the cost was ridiculous. I chose to just use the other set. I think the manufacturer has all of us over the barrel.

The keys and remotes for Toyota's have to be programmed by the dealer. Be careful purchasing the keys and remotes online, I have had several customer bring them in, and they will not program, beware. And yes, the keys and remotes from Toyota are ex[ensive.

Call around. Many locksmiths are getting set up to do these keys but they are pricey. I paid $125 for a second key for my van.

OR
As others have said it’s pricey, Mazda wanted $400. For my wife’s Miata, and that’s if we still had one remote.
Good luck sir, if you do use someone out side the dealer, make the arrangements no worky no money.

Russ

I got 2 new keys and a FOB along with programming for 2/3 the price the dealer was asking for 1 fob and key. It was for my Toyota Tacoma. I called around and two local locksmiths both recommended this same shop. Apparently the new chips and programming takes new equipment. I'd say just look around and you should get lucky! Just another reason for a road trip to Texas ;)

fish more said:
The keys and remotes for Toyota's have to be programmed by the dealer. Be careful purchasing the keys and remotes online, I have had several customer bring them in, and they will not program, beware. And yes, the keys and remotes from Toyota are ex[ensive.
i paid $30 for mine on Amazon and it worked perfectly, I don’t know if it’s genuine Toyota or not, but the price was right and it works great, I avoid dealers

Back
Top Bottom