Keyless Door Lock

Bombsight

Cyber Monday sale on the new "compact" RVLock. - www.rvlock.com

Save over $50!

Ordered one last night. Will let y'all know if it fits after I install it.

Attachments

• lock 2.png
    lock 2.png
    332.5 KB · Views: 183
True ... its not cheap. Even with the Cyber Monday discount.
... but how many times have we all been angry because our campers are locked and our keys are either in the truck, in the house, with the wife, etc, etc ... ?
I know I grunt at LEAST once a month because of not having my key on me.

Installed. Fits perfectly ...

Attachments

• RVLock 1.jpg
    RVLock 1.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 232
  • RVLock 3.jpg
    RVLock 3.jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 238
That is so cool !!!

One of the nicest mods I have seen. I'm sure everyone at a traffic light behind you admires it :)
I'm sure you will also admire it every time you open and close the camper.

On a personal note, the paint is chipping/flaking quite a bit on my 2013 Hawk door latch. It doesn't appear it was primed well. The RVlock looks nice in the fact that it will not chip.

Bombsight, how does the latch feel... solid???

Bill D said:
That is so cool !!!

One of the nicest mods I have seen. I'm sure everyone at a traffic light behind you admires it :)
I'm sure you will also admire it every time you open and close the camper.

On a personal note, the paint is chipping/flaking quite a bit on my 2013 Hawk door latch. It doesn't appear it was primed well. The RVlock looks nice in the fact that it will not chip.

Bombsight, how does the latch feel... solid???
Solid for sure! To walk up to it (or away from it) and only have to push a button on the key fob instead of fiddling with a bunch of keys is awesome.

I'm so stoked ... my wife is tired of hearing about it. ha

Bombsight said:
I'm so stoked ... my wife is tired of hearing about it. ha
That's okay. That's what we're here for. :giggle:

What kind of range (distance away from vehicle) are you getting with the keyfob?
Does it somehow confirm it has locked or do you hear the mechanism lock?

Bill D said:

What kind of range (distance away from vehicle) are you getting with the keyfob?
You can hear the motion of it. I'll do a distance and hearing test tomorrow and report back.

n2 ... removal and install took no more than 25 minutes ... that's with cleaning the dirt rim from OEM lock seal.

Bill D said:

The key fob activates lock at least 45 pace's away with action confirmation beep clearly audible. It may work even farther in a wide open space. I was threading the needle, activating it across the street from my garage ... between large bushes and my house.
That was directly behind my rig. Will test other directions later.

That's pretty impressive.

My FWC is on year round and I daily drive and I lock/unlock the back door at least 4X a day.
Tempting... especially since the paint is chipping on my handle and it looks gross.

I think it would end up being one of those things that you don't think you need until you get one and then you wouldn't want to go with out it.
I used to think the same thing about keyless entry and remote starting.

I'm a little surprised the nobody else expressed interest in your keyless entry system Bombsight. I personally think if it was listed as a FWC option it would be on most people's list. Compared to some of the other options, like the rear steps that most of us order and never use it seems like a real bargain.

Anyhow, I'm jealous :)

I'm sure you will enjoy it everytime you click your fob :)

"I'M a little surprised that nobody else expressed interest in your keyless entry system Bombsight"

It is just another fob/bobble to carry in your pocket or elsewhere. If it would work off of your vehicle's remote lock system, that would be another story.

cwd

Yes, it can be "fob/bobble" proofed.
One doesn't have to use modern tech if it means a 1.5" x .5" fob is cumbersome.

On the flip side, given that it has a numeric keypad, it can mean you don't need to carry and worry about losing your keys hiking, canoeing, swimming etc.

My guess is you could find a Harmony type remote, if you found yourself overwhelmed with fobs.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom