Kick'in the Habit

Proud of ya Tuffguy. Never did smoke but had close friends and family that did. They all quite and no one ever missed it. Wished I could get my daughter to quit. Talking to a wall. Keep up the great job. Mitch

Time sure flies by when you having fun.

Yesterday, I celebrated one year being smoke free. According to my Silk Quit-meter (thanks Cayuse) I've not smoked 7,300 cigarettes, saved 3 weeks & 4 days of time that I would have spent smoking saved myself over $2,400.00.

I feel great and as an added bonus Ms. Tuff Chick is way more "lovey-dovey". Whoo-hoo!! :D

Tuff....giving up smoking is one of those things that you will probably have seen over the year improve your health, enliven your taste buds and give you clearer lungs perhaps. However, while it is not really possible to add up the potential for a longer life, I can guarantee you the QUALITY of your life will be improved until the day you kick the bucket.

Congrats on a one-year of non-smoking!

It ain't easy, I had a friend who went into drug/alcohol rehab and afterwards he decided to kick cigarettes. He thought that tobacco was harder to kick than booze and cocaine.

I'm sure that the Tough Chick appreciates your abstinence from the Evil Weed as well....the house, your clothes, the vehicles...everything smells "better".

I missed out on most of this thread early on last year due to having been badly tied up helping my sisters care for our then 85 year-old mother, ravaged by many ailments, most of which were at least worsened by having smoked heavily from age 13 to age 60. She really "hit the wall" in early February 2017 and has been in skilled nursing ever since. What a lousy way to go.

And in the midst of her sharp turn for the worst last year, one of my best friends went into full cardiac arrest on Feb 14 and died on Feb 16. Jim (not his real name) smoked from age 12 until moments before his 4th heart attack--the one which killed him. He had also endured 4 surgeries due to smoking--one major cardiovascular procedure in his midsection and three to implant stents. He smoked an honest 3-4 packs per day and when he died it had been nearly 30 years since he'd been able to so much as sleep through the night without needing to getting up to smoke. He had been a physical wreck since his early 40s.

And yesterday would have been only his 58th birthday.

That's one helluva powerful monkey to get off of your back, Tuff. Congratulations and keep it going!

Foy

Tuff Guy 62 said:
Time sure flies by when you having fun.

Yesterday, I celebrated one year being smoke free. According to my Silk Quit-meter (thanks Cayuse) I've not smoked 7,300 cigarettes, saved 3 weeks & 4 days of time that I would have spent smoking saved myself over $2,400.00.

I feel great and as an added bonus Ms. Tuff Chick is way more "lovey-dovey". Whoo-hoo!! :D
That's great TG.Lots of benefits from quitting.
Keep it up.
Frank

Back
Top Bottom