Kill switch kills shore power

I believe the converter itself is hardwired in on four wheel campers. Definitely make sure the AC outlet, cord, and 30A pigtail you are using are all good.

rando said:
No - actually that suggests there is an issue in your 110V circuit, not your converter. If the converter were bad, the 110V outlets would still work, you just wouldn't see the battery voltage go up. If your 110V outlets are not working it is more likely that there is an issue up stream of your converter which is effecting both the converter AND the outlets.
Dumb question - are you sure the power outlet you are plugging into works?
Pretty sure; just topped off my trailer batteries with the same outlet. In fact, I just plugged the 30A cord into the outlet, and it charged my trailer batteries. Without unplugging it from the wall outlet, I then connected it to the FWC. No 110 current. What now?

PROBLEM SOLVED!! Stan Kennedy (Stan@FourWheel) happened to notice that all my circuit breaker switches were in the "off" position. Yeah, you could say I've got egg on my face! Today was the first time I decided to check the converter charging system, and I had always assumed the breakers were "on"(!). As for the 110v issue, all I needed to do was reset the outlets, and I'm good to go! Sorry I wasted everyone's time with this, but if you're going to the NorCal rally, look me up! And thanks to everyone for adding to this newbie's knowledge of 12 volt systems, multimeters, fuses, and the like!
Apologies and many thanks,
Jerry

Back
Top Bottom