Kitchen Organizer

Unfortunately the Case Logic "Stud Wall Organizer" and "8 Pocket Organizer" are no longer being made.

I found a few on ebay and bought them for future use.....maybe there are still some available there.

Great topic and am sure that more ideas will follow. With the velcro strip on top lots of possibilities exist. Last year I constructed a boxed 2 shelf system out of 1/2" alder. A very simple design that is very stable
and has velcro on top with the bottom "sitting" on the lip just above the bottom velcro strip. May improve the design (3 shelves ?) with a 2nd generation model but the 2 shelf seems to be sufficient for me. As you may know the unit must be removed when lowering the roof. May not work out for you on short trips but I go up into BC in the spring and stay for 2 months. For longer stays it is really nice to have a shelving system which gets things off the counter top.

Attachments

• DSCN7286.JPG
    DSCN7286.JPG
    134.4 KB · Views: 362
I got the idea for a homemade cabin bag from Overland Hadley's post at Expedition Portal. It was easy to make out of canvas and stretch fabric. I sewed a 2 in wide Velcro strip across the top of the back side of the bag. Then we stick it to the Velcro for the Thermal Pack near the ceiling. Mrs. exmx_racer

Camper Cabin Bag1.JPG

View attachment 17358

More organizers....

Here is an additional organizer near the bed on passenger side:
Bed organizer - DSC_04690023.JPG

Bed organizer2 - DSC_04700024.JPG

Here is a communications organizer (radios, Leatherman MUT, knife, etc.) made real cheap out of a piece of wood trim, a hinge, and a knob:
Communications Organizer - DSC_04710025.JPG

Communications Organizer opened - DSC_04730001.JPG

Close up of lid organizer, built utilizing a Maxpedition pouch (Monkey Combat Admin Pouch) and Maxpedition sheath (Clip on Phone Holster) for the Leatherman tool:
Lid Organizer - DSC_04580012.JPG

And finally a couple of back seat pouches attached to the front seat backs:
Seat back pouches1 - DSC_04620016.JPG

Seat back pouches2 - DSC_04630017.JPG

I thought I was organized.....but no, you are the master. My hat is off to you sir!

I am going to steal some of your ideas. Wish I would have mounted my FF controller where you did. Do you have a DuHa under that back seat?

I try and make use of all of the space in my Hawk. For instance, the communications organizer for the radios went into a spot that was not utilized for anything else.

Along those same lines is this small hidden storage space....the area between the cabinets and the front wall of the camper, behind the curtains. There is room for up to eight Lock 'n Lock boxes, part number HPL-842:

hidden storage - DSC_04810003.JPG

lock n lock - DSC_04820004.JPG

You don't even see them as they are completely hidden by the curtain.

Lots of good ideas. Thanks. I need to make a mesh type organizer for the area behind the sink and need to find/create more storage/packing solutions. The more I use the camper the more mods I need to make and being overly organized is the only way I'm going to be able to get my essentials stowed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom