Kitchenette Stove lid removal

patrkbukly

Simple question;
Is there any harm or reason in removing the kitchen stove metal lid?

I ask because for me personally I just prefer the stove top being there and I don't use the metal lid as a counter top any more than I just use the stove top itself since I only put the pot I'm using right back on the burner once off. So really just personal preference.

I could easily install a thin piece of sheet metal on the wall behind to provide some heat barrier.

What does everyone know or think?

Thanks in advance,
Patrick

I pulled our heavy stove lid (with side wind shields) off our 2008 Suburban stove top years ago. I haven't set fire to anything yet!

Thank you lighthawk. It seems simple enough and i actually owned an rv that had no lid before i just wanted to be sure there wasn’t something i just didn’ t consider.

I went to the hardware store yesterday and bought 2 pieces of 8” x 15” aluminum and installed them against each wall which i would think is sufficient.

Thank you for your reply.

patrkbukly said:
Thank you lighthawk. It seems simple enough and i actually owned an rv that had no lid before i just wanted to be sure there wasn’t something i just didn’ t consider.
I went to the hardware store yesterday and bought 2 pieces of 8” x 15” aluminum and installed them against each wall which i would think is sufficient.
Thank you for your reply.
Any chance the fabric might rub and abrade on the burners/pot support when the top is down? That’s probably only a problem with the shell furnace and stove option, but it’s something to consider.

Wandering Sagebrush said:
Any chance the fabric might rub and abrade on the burners/pot support when the top is down? That’s probably only a problem with the shell furnace and stove option, but it’s something to consider.
"Fabric" do you mean the window fabric?

Here is with window down vs up. I would guess we keep the window up if that inner burner is on;
X1BRXmS0QZIcUnQOF3BGa0Ii9XPtlLH3817EIZbXNcDbuONjU9cdeLloduh2Mcs7QTF4W1CaHW6NKO8xDHU5mvbFKtktEN-Tste9j3QOAbX_n0iKJHs4BCM5rAubnZOqvkaJzoDzJfrYZDDID2QuoyYr9IQnn7FFrni_D4dybI9RBYAKGR2L4feqgBNk4aL1WQMHORcwdhi0JJNp98cl4tNzQdq9m2zfR1GhW5zJ2fW0aS5Y_UK7gEplLrMV5-MWLR1LqOYKYy6evM_cTCnVTT_sIKUw9vVRsVEkDIOZLlfgPl2swYmSRkOFmkpMys-5saueLcjx3jyjourmHubaWl6b-F3-AIlPFG2A6xLvW5TNj2Be5YMcO0LNuIHBK0yLgMzZU7EvI_OK1qz5FYWdUSGWMAGIs9CKe2xJmJ4RIJMfaSQdmzMzhKAVIqPC4brbS9mRpOXz8tee_sjQx0P4YIt6EoKT23y46wJoAKbvF0PMgQLe3OoL3mz97af3VBkll0Ij0qJQ6ST4eVaIC6qYcdEAC7KGFbEgGV7osnz2oRkvNP7ytUC5P6b4pZwhqptVh6H82ef67DsipVqb7u1diFjHRz850bP5ritZoavhATTpHButAu7Zbb0rcf36wcnL5QKc-wQOHKm2jtOXlatl9i0QdCLVrZL_n53nGQ3wh0flNWSN_WTKa8s=w1012-h759-no

HAQfGjUqGIuLlSmj-XK3bafEm7kh92PEHdy0nYwH1K4xhMiVlfwuyFChC9BkVsgukyG-7LMZ2rwMqAPjQSRSuPTmTnN94wMRq8DpIuwcimAPiXpmvhIJKJ-ze9QnX-qeJNMqSb98OYgYS9Ld_dOmyy0aCxPz2O3TpxJ31JUkwIjKDdFoPxT8TRsbxUN8UmAqKUl5r0j0HYfUET_Eioop586BWIgy6vCFM4yTksRywb4LW1DFu3dna5H5IFkB0h4NoHkjDUttvIiwynZ_HE8ICOEETPWudXHXxqg9RcqiPcB_5GB9Bg7c1wtTKMtAZW03hnLErV4n8SiMZdVznxweUwQAmtvW5lH4hTtqwGzLK4uqfRhPl374uWl8MRlXyN8CFXvvbNDlI-KucrYpLhhipR15moAaNg7kQiTB1mT5MbgwVwwlItPi1rWBcYmTeGZluEQZ3M9cwwejpnXYVLa0T5W6WPbxA0D4XH1H-fAa_k5bG0tnt4Et_kJdz8WVs_n9YQZH5IFtidoEVhEyu3gi2EqqJrQW6VpQXZBabCJJN8Pjs0CSVy-DNG3wEPqeLqsJaEMA6Q4unKb5iD5zig3ITn4dzQeNpDgpNosMbzJVXjo1AWc_lFXL9XWmH_cFnbkJaFZdzB7o-bA92LL5XsKzoLaDTurUWsDFxcsofQFKZZFDbo2RlIp046c=w1012-h759-no

My only concern would be if the liner came into contact with the stove.
Our stove has a light weight lid and it gives protection to the area behind the stove.
Give it a try and see how it works.
Frank

My only worry was the sizzling and splattering of grease... It is insidious ! rather have a three sided surface to clean with spray soap.

My 2000 eagle did not come with a cover. The previous owner may have removed it but I never had any trouble with the fabric rubbing on the stove. Nor did I have a problem with the window being open. I always Velcro the top of the window flap to the bottom of the opening to prevent them from getting in the way.

I'm OK with that because my meals are pretty simple and I generally avoid anything with grease anyway.

Just making sure it's not a safety issue with the side of the counters melting but it seems like I'm in the clear there.

I took the top off my stove last year in my 2018 Grandby flatbed. Zero problems.

Back
Top Bottom