Kudos to ATC + Lesson Learned

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human
Site Team
RV LIFE Pro
I recently placed my order for a new Bobcat Shell with ATC, sending them a cashier's check for the deposit. When I hadn't heard back after a week and a half, I called to discover that Marty and Jeff were getting worried about not having seen the check arrive after I told them it was mailed.

Not knowing what had happened to it, I called my bank to ask to have a stop payment placed on the check, only to find that their process says you have to wait 90 days before a stop payment or replacement can be issued on a cashier's check. Needless to say, not only was I worried, but not happy with the bank. It bothers me greatly when process gets in the way of doing what's right.

After a brief conversation, Marty and Jeff said that I would keep my place in the build queue, and we would figure it out. Kudos guys!!!! That was much appreciated!

I was getting ready to go into the bank for battle this morning, when Marty called and told me the check had finally arrived. I can now get my worry box back to normal levels, and the blood pressure is coming back to something reasonable as well.

Lessons learned: a cashier's check according to the bank is the same as cash, which means to me that it is less safe than writing a personal check where you can place an immediate stop payment on a missing check. If you do use a cashier's check, send it certified mail, so there is tracking. In my case, the order was delivered to a wrong address, opened, then resealed and sent on to ATC. I am glad that the wrong party was honest.

Thanks again ATC! You guys are awesome to work with.

I would send a check and then just let it clear. Cashiers checks scare me too.....
Had a bank lose a $20,000 check I had sent in the mail. I canceled it immediately and wrote another. Turns out their robot letter openers don't always get everything from the envelop. Can't pay a real person to do it. I no longer bank with them or use any of their credit cards...... I can't abide what I deem to be negligence..... Whats in my wallet stays there..... :)
Glad ATC took care of you. They have a fine reputation :)

Gettin' a new one, huh? I hope you designed it just that way you wanted.

Ah, Waiting is such sweet agony. Not surprised at all by ATC's response. They are some great guys.

Mr. Sage, thanks for the information on cashiers checks. Same as cash, that makes sense but the problem with stopping payment if lost, that's something I did not know.

What outstanding people the guys at All Terrain Campers are - I've known that for a long time. None better.

Yep, that's some scary stuff, glad it sorted itself out.

It's reassuring to hear that there are still a few honest people about.

When we order our ATC we paid the deposit with a personnel check and we took delivery paid the balance in person with a cashiers check.

Kudos to Jeff & Marty!!

Mr. Sage, can't wait to see pictures. What options did you get? jd

Sent from my SM-G900V using Wander The West mobile app

longhorn1 said:
Mr. Sage, can't wait to see pictures. What options did you get? jd

Sent from my SM-G900V using Wander The West mobile app
JD, it's a shell with a side dinette, lift struts, full length Yakima tracks, battery, 12 volt and USB outlets, solar and a furnace. I am going to use my 40qt Engel for the refrigerator.

Most people do not know that a "stop payment" on a personal check is only good for 6 months. Then you must issues another stop payment. With a large dollar value check, it is best to close the account and open a new one.

cwd

cwdtmmrs said:
Most people do not know that a "stop payment" on a personal check is only good for 6 months. Then you must issues another stop payment. With a large dollar value check, it is best to close the account and open a new one.

cwd
I did not know that...... Good info.

Back
Top Bottom