La Fires Time Lapse

Cool video. I live about 30 miles from the fire and I'm getting ashes covering my cars. Also it's hard to sleep, you smell smoke at night and one wants to investigate.

This is scary stuff. We lived in Altadena/Pasadena for 30 years. My sister and mother are still there. I have ridden the crest with bike clubs many times, mountain biked up and down the "toll road" hundreds of times and drove my old 911 over the top to the 14 for years. If there is any good new here its that the area hasn't burned in over 30 years but OMG when the rains come.

Cool video. I live about 30 miles from the fire and I'm getting ashes covering my cars. Also it's hard to sleep, you smell smoke at night and one wants to investigate.

I grew up in Simi, graduated from Simi High in 86, the one thing I just could not stand was the fires / air quality, we had a big one the first year I lived there in 75. I was covering the big Malibu fire for a news agency in the early 90's when I and two fireman had to jump in a swimming pool when the wind changed direction. The flash on my Nikon melted off and I got some second degree burns, insane...

I live in Aspen now and we have been waiting for the smoke to clear, hope they catch the guy who started it as they are now reporting it was possible arson.

Hang in there guys, I know how things get with the Santa Ana's.

Great time lapse sequences...We had a terrible year around here as well for interface fires and I can only imagine what is to come as summers get drier and drier.... Sure does make one appreciate the rain when it does come...

Hopefully the cooler weather has put a end to the fires for this year.

Stay safe

Chris

Back
Top Bottom