Labor Day Weekend, Graeagle to La Porte

Lighthawk

Weekend warrior
I managed to post enough photos to begin our blog of our latest wanderings.
We chose to stay near home over the Labor Day Weekend, but still racked up over two hundred miles of travel.

Part One is now posted.

Nice! Thanks for sharing.

Would enjoy any pics of the hot spring & surrounds.

A longtime IH jockey like myself is loving the IH 4WD fire truck!

Foy

Looks like, for the most part, you all dodged a lot of the smoke that was further south. Looking forward to Part II.

I'd thought about trying that road when I was up in that area but it sounded more like a Jeep trail. Good to know a full size rig can do it. I love those pics of the night sky :)

Craig, It is no problemo to drive from Johnsville to La Porte in full size rig or even a subaru. I did use 4wd for some of the ups and downs, but would have been okay in a 2wd rig. However, the road to Four Hill Mine is more jeep-like.

I'll cover the rest of the road in Part Three, which will be another day or so before I can get done.

You've inspired me to get up that way and explore it a bit more. When my kids were younger, we geocached up in that area, but other than finding the caches, we didn't look around too much.

I especially like your night shots of camp and the stars.

You all must possess some extreme discipline to turn down fresh smoked brisket in the back country. I'm glad your pooch enjoyed it.

Back
Top Bottom