Lake Superior Circle Tour

takesiteasy

We recently camped our way around Lake Superior. I have posted a trip report to the blog. It is seven parts, all are posted. Here is a link to the first part: http://travelswithrockythedog.blogspot.com/2015/09/lake-superior-circle-part-1.html

I hope you enjoy our report. Here is a teaser picture to get you going: Sunset over the Sleeping Giant.

IMG_2342.jpg

That's a beautiful area. I think I can make out the shape of a sleeping giant--if I'm looking at the photo correctly.

On the blog you have to click on Newest Post and you can get Parts 2-7.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Wander The West mobile app

Thanks for the comments, everyone. Yes, I posted all the parts at once- no waiting! Read at your chosen pace. :D

Really enjoyed this report. Thanks.

Spent a week hiking the shore in Pukaskwa National Park years back -- magnificent country. Good memories.

What a wonderful adventure you had! Thanks for taking the time to share it with us. We will go over this again and follow along on your map. These trips you share from the Great Lakes area really tug at our Midwestern hearts. As the Lady's retirement approaches, every discussion, every trip report she sees, leads to a "I want to go there!" We believe the cat lady is still in place bothering new arrivals. It was probably much more fun telling the story than living through it. Well done!

Thanks Ski and N'kwala. Hopefully the cat lady has found her cat by now. It is getting cold up there. :)

What a great trip.I have mentioned to you before how much we enjoyed our trip to the north/west shore of the lake in 2012.
Your trip makes us want to get together with our Minnesota friends, and take a nice long trip.
Thanks for sharing.
Frank

Trip that is in the works, been to the south shore of Lake Superior in WI & MI and still haven't seen it all. Pics are great and enjoyed the blog. Was on the north shore one Feb in the 80's for startup work. Looked great then. it still should be.
Thanks for TR

Can I state the obvious, it's not just a great trip report but a "superior" trip report, in fact it was almost erie. :oops: I knew it was big but didn't realize it was more the size of an inland ocean. What a cool drive, thanks for posting!

Back
Top Bottom