Lakes Basin, Plumas County

We did an autumn trip ,tent camping, beginning of October 2003.
Goose Lake and Gold Lake are nice.
There are several lakes that are nice along Gold Lake rd.
From Bassets to Gold Lake.Not much traffic at night,
but hunting season might be starting then.

Lots of walking trails to higher lakes also.
Very enjoyable trip.

If you have a kayak/canoe good area for a paddle.
Frank

Attachments

• armoire 061.jpeg
    armoire 061.jpeg
    131.2 KB · Views: 35
  • armoire 065.jpeg
    armoire 065.jpeg
    115.5 KB · Views: 37
  • armoire 077.jpeg
    armoire 077.jpeg
    168.9 KB · Views: 39
  • armoire 098.jpeg
    armoire 098.jpeg
    114.9 KB · Views: 30
  • armoire 101.jpeg
    armoire 101.jpeg
    101.5 KB · Views: 31
I've done a couple back country ski tours after the road closes in winter. It gets very little use except for the occasional snowmobilers. Some of the cabins are left unlocked that I "may" have slept in.

Thanks! I do have e kayak and I will look for the hunting dates.

Edgewood said:
I've done a couple back country ski tours after the road closes in winter. It gets very little use except for the occasional snowmobilers. Some of the cabins are left unlocked that I "may" have slept in.
I love to x-c ski.

I recognize the lake with the large rock. Packer Lake on the road up to the Sierra Butte Fire Look-out Station (worth the hike). Most of the time that I'm in that area we're riding the Downieville MTB trail and we stay at Pack Saddle Campground. The main loop is rather disappointing looking, but there's a loop off to the left with several nice sites on it.

One trip while camped there I met some ECV who were riding large loops on their dual-sports. All FS roads and they were averaging over 100 miles a day based out that campground.

ntsqd said:
I recognize the lake with the large rock. Packer Lake on the road up to the Sierra Butte Fire Look-out Station (worth the hike). Most of the time that I'm in that area we're riding the Downieville MTB trail and we stay at Pack Saddle Campground. The main loop is rather disappointing looking, but there's a loop off to the left with several nice sites on it.

One trip while camped there I met some ECV who were riding large loops on their dual-sports. All FS roads and they were averaging over 100 miles a day based out that campground.
We ended up at Packsaddle once after being run our of Berger (folks in a trailer looked right at us as they brought their generator out on a long cord to within a few yards of our table and fired it up while we were eating dinner) My husband hunted the area and we began to use Packsaddle all the time.

I've been up the Buttes several times, The bridge over thin air still makes me nervous.

So yeah - D-3 hunting goes until the end of October. I don't recall running into a lot of hunters in the Buttes area but that was 20 years ago and we made a point of being out mid-week.

Had that generator on a long extension cord thing happen in a mostly tents campground in Eastern OR when I was a kid. Extension cord got unplugged. Swearing owner plugged it back in. Got "unplugged" again. Swearing owner investigated, then while swearing even louder loaded up everything and left.

Next morning his extension cord was still there. In foot long segments. He was a litterbug on top of his other faults. We didn't miss them.

Riding an MTB from Packsaddle to the ridge-line was, um, good "conditioning."

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom