Lassen National Park

Thanks Bill. We were last at Lassen two years ago last week end. First trip out with the "new" Tundra under the Bobcat.
Lassen is after Yellowstone out favorite NP. We have never camped at the Crags but it's good to know there is room there when most of the rest is full.Yes I don't understand the opening of Summit Lake CG. We have been through there and it's always the same not until the last of June. Than it's a zoo there.
We usually find a space at Manzanita Lake CG so we can use the canoe/kayak and fish.
We hope to make a stop there around the 1st week of Aug. Don't usually camp during July and Aug but we are meeting friends up at Sunset Bay SP in Oregon.and on the return south if the weather isn't too hot we may swing through there.
Also nice to know about the camping at Lk Almanor. We have passed that area many times and never stopped.
Another great area is the inter lake road south out of Grayeagle and Gold Lake. Some nice little lakes just off the road.
Glad you had a great time and thanks for posting your trip.
Frank

Thanks for the report & photos. Sounds like you had a great trip.

I've only been to Lassen once about a zillion years ago. I was on a motorcycle and had a backpacking tent.

Nice report. Drove thur there couple weeks ago. Ice was still on the lakes at the pass. North entrance CG wasn't near full. I didn't stay and drove all the way to Quincy before camping that night.

Nice report, Bill. I remember taking my (then) five year old son to Bumpass Hell. Glad you were able to check out Downieville. We get up there often enough.

Really sorry I was not able to break away to meet you at XP. We're on a surge at work and I've been managing two or three appointments per day. Hope to meet you at Bodie next weekend.

Thank-you for an informative TR. We plan to visit Lassen on our fall trip in early October and the meetup October 10-12. Right on
the way from where we live. Great info on camping and sights to see. We do not enjoy camping where there are big RVs and their noisy generators so it is good to know about Crags campground. Great image of the golden daisies.

Manzanita Lake campground is huge or at least it sure seemed so to me when I was little and got lost in it :) I'd stay there just for the amphitheatre program (if they still do those).

Back
Top Bottom