Latch Relocation

NM Frontier

Hello new to WTW and have a question on moving the roof latch on my 2015 Swift.

I have noticed on other Swifts that have an awning mounted that the side latch is moved forward to clear the awning, how difficult is this to do? Looks like it is just some self taping screws that hold the latch on.

Is it as simple as find part of the frame where you want to move the latch then drill and install it or am I missing something?

I did a little digging around on the site but never found what I was looking for exactly. I am sure this has been covered a bunch before, since it looks like most folks have an awning.

Thanks!

I'm sure that most that you see have been installed by the factory. Should be very simple to do, just make sure you seal up the previous holes. Should be a common perimeter frame to move the latch to. Ron

That makes sense that most were done from the factory like that to accommodate the awning. I figured that must be the case since you don't see any awning mounts listed for sale, just options on a new one.

I figure use similar screws and some silicon to seal up the old holes.

NM Frontier said:
That makes sense that most were done from the factory like that to accommodate the awning. I figured that must be the case since you don't see any awning mounts listed for sale, just options on a new one.

I figure use similar screws and some silicon to seal up the old holes.
not silicon. Dicor.

I moved mine on my Fleet for an awning. When I took the latch off, I found butyl tape, so I used the same under the latch when I reinstalled it. Don't forget to seal up the old holes.

I can tell there is something like that under the latch, I will use some butly and the Dicor sealant.

When you moved the latch did you have to remount it in a certain place? Or is there part of the frame all the way along the side?

NM Frontier said:
I can tell there is something like that under the latch, I will use some butly and the Dicor sealant.

When you moved the latch did you have to remount it in a certain place? Or is there part of the frame all the way along the side?
I just moved it forward and put it in the same position.

The frame on the camper is continuous so you can mount anywhere. The latch receiver is located on the edge of the roof which is solid so you can put wherever you want.

Here are photos of the relocated latch on my hawk as performed by Main Line Overland, our local FWC dealer.

IMG_5443.JPG

Thanks!

That is what I was wondering if the frame was continuous.

Ill post up some pics when I move the latch.

Got it no silicone!

Does it damage the siding or just not work as good as the Dicor stuff?

Back
Top Bottom