Late season chukar hunt.

idahoron

I went out today to spend the night. I chickened out with a day time high of 10 degrees. We did pretty well getting 5 chukar.

img_90371_0_a96e7021fa1d40284e2582262cc94e84.jpg

Awesome! Wish I could find them in CO(in season). One of my trips down the MF Salmon I saw tons of what I assume were Chukar. I did not hunt them then. Love that dog too. He or she is still hunting while getting the pic taken! Such incredible hunters/ friends.

Last year I bought the thermal sheild for the Grandby and it made a huge difference. If you don't have it, 10° is a lot harder on the furnace.

Great picture! My grandby comes in december 18, so I'm hoping to take it out to scare up some pheasant in wyoming for a day or two.

Great job Ron. I usually get out at least once a year for Chukar, but not this year yet. It's a 5 hour drive to the nearest spot. I've been hunting brant here locally. This is the last weekend so we'll be hitting it both days.

IMG_8991.JPG

IMG_8986.JPG

Our Chukar hunting has been bad for several years. But what I saw today looks promising. For me to get to this area it takes me 2 hours driving on a two track road and an hour walk just to get there. I am going to try a spot that is easier to get to next time. Hildie is a great little girl. She turned 8 this October. I love GSP's, in fact she is laying on my bird vest while I type.

Love the pics guys , good to see we have quite a few hunters on this page , Im from down in So Cal its been very dry which made it tough on the birds this year,, but we managed to do ok on the ducks and a few geese , left our Chucks and Quail alone so they will have a chance in 2014 to rebound if we can get some spring rain, Derek

It was a very tough year this year. I hope next year is better but I have bee saying that for about 6 years now.

Back
Top Bottom